Star Princess Refurbishment Question

LB Cruiser

I believe the big changes will be installing the new kids clubs and the new beds!

Not sure about the beds. They seemed pretty new when we sailed her in Feb. Very comfortable as a matter of fact. :)

Not sure about the beds. They seemed pretty new when we sailed her in Feb. Very comfortable as a matter of fact. :)

Did they have the new beds in all the rooms or just the club class/minis? I found a breakdown of all the changes they were doing and thought it included the beds. I will try to dig it out...

Most excited about the kids club as my two cruisers LOVE hanging out there!

Star Princess

Passenger Space Ratio: 41.7, double occupancy; 33.8 all berths

Upcoming Drydock Info

November 29th, 2017 to December 15th 2017 - 17 days - Victoria (most likely)Drydock is longer than typical for a first generation grand class ship however the Grand has received the updated "Coffee and Cones" concept, redesigned Sabatini's, and redesigned kids area, so this is likely for the Star as well. The anticipated list of new features is as follows:

• 1200 new chairs and tables
  • Princess Luxury beds
  • Redesigned Sabatini's (capacity improvement)
  • Coffe and Cones venue (in the location of the former ice-cream bar
  • Camp Discovery for children
  • New MUTS screen
  • Club class mini suites.

Star Princess

Passenger Space Ratio: 41.7, double occupancy; 33.8 all berths

Upcoming Drydock Info

November 29th, 2017 to December 15th 2017 - 17 days - Victoria (most likely)Drydock is longer than typical for a first generation grand class ship however the Grand has received the updated "Coffee and Cones" concept, redesigned Sabatini's, and redesigned kids area, so this is likely for the Star as well. The anticipated list of new features is as follows:

• 1200 new chairs and tables
  • Princess Luxury beds
  • Redesigned Sabatini's (capacity improvement)
  • Coffe and Cones venue (in the location of the former ice-cream bar
  • Camp Discovery for children
  • New MUTS screen
  • Club class mini suites.

If I’m not mistaken, the Grand got Alfredo’s during a drydock. Has there been talk of that for the Star? I love the veal stuffed ravioli in Alfredo’s.

Did they have the new beds in all the rooms or just the club class/minis? I found a breakdown of all the changes they were doing and thought it included the beds. I will try to dig it out...

We were in a Caribe deck balcony C731. That was the most comfortable bed I have ever been on as far as cruise ships go. Our room steward said it was a new mattress. I wonder if that was an isolated case because the Princess site says new beds are to be installed in Dec 2017 for the Star.

If I’m not mistaken, the Grand got Alfredo’s during a drydock. Has there been talk of that for the Star? I love the veal stuffed ravioli in Alfredo’s.

I haven't heard that it is planned but I WISH they would put it on all the ships! I love Alfredos!

I haven't heard that it is planned but I WISH they would put it on all the ships! I love Alfredos!

Me too! I really wished they would install Alfredo's across the fleet. I asked on Facebook if they ever planned to do that and received a non-committal response saying they'd take the suggestion under advisement.

I don't think Alfredo's is as popular as it might seem. Particularly on the older grand class ships. I know when went on the start in 2012 right after its dry dock, it was scheduled to get it - never did. I think it works well on the larger ships to help accommodate the dining crunch with so many passengers, but not as well on the smaller ships with smaller atrium.

But you never know!

We just got off the Star on October 18th and found our bed very comfortable. One of our port stops we had heard some obvious noises indicating things being loaded. Our steward told us it was a bunch of new mattresses

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Can some one tell me the difference between mini suite and club class mini.

Thank you

Margaaret

They are the same rooms with some additional amenities. With the Club Class you get true "anytime" dining with a separate entrance into the MDR with no or little wait time. You do not get the benefits of the full suites, so really you are paying for priority boarding and no waiting for the MDR. We are trying Club Class on a repo cruise next month because the price difference between the Mini and the Club Class mini was only 25.00 p/p, so we thought we would see what it was all about.

• 2 months later...