Platinum member

Grungycat

Priority disembarkation is done separately even for walk offs. I have it because of my Sapphire CAS status and platinum gets it too (I am also platinum). I only know the Breakaway well not the other large ships but on the Breakaway you head to the Manhattan dining room where you will find priority walk off. It is roped off and you need to show your card in order to be given this access. You will walk right off the ship with no wait while the line for regular walk off is long.

Hope that helps someone and happy cruising :)

Gold members also get priority disembarkation.

Only once has the concierge assisted us as a platinum plus guest. We knew him and had known him for years. The rest of the time were lucky to receive a card with the number. To be honest you don't need the service, if you plan ahead you can get the reservations we need.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ok, I have an honest question for Platinum and above who are non-suite.

Do you? And/or how may do you think/tip the concierge?

If you think the tips are NOT forthcoming perhaps the concierge is not as motivated as they might be.

I know when I am at a hotel and I receive an individual service I immediately tip them, and do so per occurance.

On NCL, I tip the concierge at the end. I see them all week, by virtue of being in the haven and in the haven restaurant. Platinums and above might not see the concierge again unless they sought them out.

You hit the nail on the head. A concierge knows from experience that the vast majority of any tips they receive will be at the end of the cruise. Thus often times they will let platinums assemble in the suite/VIP disembarkation area, even though that is NOT a platinum perk. This gives the concierge the best chance of garnering a tip from a non suite/non VIP guest. I don't fault the concierge for this at all. It is reality.

On the other hand, if you have to fight/force the concierge to give you service as a platinum guest, it's really not worth the trouble.

A concierge knows from experience that the vast majority of any tips they receive will be at the end of the cruise.

Thus often times they will let platinums assemble in the suite/VIP disembarkation area, even though that is NOT a platinum perk.

This gives the concierge the best chance of garnering a tip from a non suite/non VIP guest.

I don't fault the concierge for this at all.

It is reality.

If you have to fight/force the concierge to give you service as a platinum guest, it's really not worth the trouble.

So, what is the name of THIS nice concierge? :p

I'd like to send upper NCL my appreciation.

Edited by $hip$hape

I agree it's not worth the time and aggravation. But I also wouldn't fault those Platinum members who would like to USE this perk because concierge help is clearly stated on the list of Platinum Latitude level benefits.

NCL should either remove this from the Platinum perks OR inform concierge staff that they are obligated to help Platinum members with their requests, busy or not. As of now it IS part of their responsibilities which they do not fulfill. Offering this perk is misleading on NCL part.

It is a 'perk' that they can list, that costs them nothing, apparently....so I doubt anything will change, unless they are inundated with complaints....