Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

Just come back in from neighbours to see that the only cabinet minister with any integrity has felt fit to resign. Another hole in the hull of HMS May?

Don't know about you TTS, but I'm feeling a bit left out of all this. Am I the only person left in the world that hasn't had the unwanted attention of Harvey Weinstein or a cabinet minister? It is beginning to feel a bit like the witch hunter times.

On TV today they were interviewing a distraught women who was "asked out" twenty years ago and the memory of it traumatised her and on went the tears. She said she felt that she had been sexually abused. She felt now was the time to "go public. Good grief! The world has gone completely barmy,

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Don't know about you TTS, but I'm feeling a bit left out of all this. Am I the only person left in the world that hasn't had the unwanted attention of Harvey Weinstein or a cabinet minister? It is beginning to feel a bit like the with hunter times. The world has gone completely barmy,

There’s always Kevin Spacey’s Christmas party.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hello coolers. I figured I'd better pull up a barstool and post or I won't find you all again!

Lots of upheaval in my life right now. I enjoy reading the posts here, thinking about my upcoming cruise (end of March) and forgetting about real life for a while till I have to get back to life's challenges.

Took a yoga class for the first time Monday night. There was one other woman in the class and she and the instructor were both quite a bit older than I, but boy did they both do a much better job contorting than I did! It was inspirational.

Listen Nappies, sorry to hear of the upheaval.

The Cooler may not feel real to you but it is so real to some of us we can smell the fresh paint, admire the stains on the carpet that no one has managed to clean, and enjoy the the dents on the bar when Soapy and Mysty got up on it for a flamenco in their stilettos.

The Cooler is certainly a lot more congenial than what is going on in the street outside!

Don't know about you TTS, but I'm feeling a bit left out of all this. Am I the only person left in the world that hasn't had the unwanted attention of Harvey Weinstein or a cabinet minister? It is beginning to feel a bit like the witch hunter times.

On TV today they were interviewing a distraught women who was "asked out" twenty years ago and the memory of it traumatised her and on went the tears. She said she felt that she had been sexually abused. She felt now was the time to "go public. Good grief! The world has gone completely barmy,

Agreed. But it would be a shame if the inadequate attention-seekers and their ''look at me, I'm a victim too'' antics should camouflage instances of frank bullying or sexual exploitation or manipulation which truly have harmed the victims.

How many more will have the integrity to Fall-on their swords? Actually, how many other cabinet ministers have any integrity at all?

Napria...thanks for stopping by! The flexibility will come with practice! Fear not! It's not really that much of an age issue but more to do with what kinds of flexibility challenging activities one engages in on a regular basis. And hopes extended that upheavals now will lead to wonders further down the road!

And to be clear, I dance barefoot on the bar so the dents would be either from Cam or Penny! :) I am throwing Miss S. under the bus though! :)

TTS....it feels a little like the "offense" is being diluted somehow. It also almost feels like a badge of honour to come forward and admit that you have committed this offense. The real question to my mind is why would it have been considered OK to commit the offense in the first place. That is where the problem lies!

TTS,

I quite agree .... and I wonder how long it will take for Boris to take a hit ....... fingers crossed.

We have just had the entertainment industry take some terrible publicity and I agree that absolutely nothing should cloud the real wrong doing, but that is what is happening.

It is overlooked that in the sixties and seventies a lot of young females persued people in the pop and film industry relentlessly and would boast of "their collection of conquests", and it is my sense that some of them now perhaps regret how they behaved. I'm not saying that males were the innocent part in all this but many were taking advantage of the opportunities presented to them. In the film industry there are clearly some scum bags but it shouldn't be forgotten that some amongst the females are some of those that were opportunistic and are today who are some that pursued producers. As you know I was in the music industry, extremely young and naive at the time and the time was extremely lax and free and what I think now is being cast as predatory wasn't seen that way then. A lot of what is being discussed today is bad but a lot is also simply men propositioning clumsily women and not much more.

TTS,

I quite agree .... and I wonder how long it will take for Boris to take a hit ....... fingers crossed.

We have just had the entertainment industry take some terrible publicity and I agree that absolutely nothing should cloud the real wrong doing, but that is what is happening.

It is overlooked that in the sixties and seventies a lot of young females persued people in the pop and film industry relentlessly and would boast of "their collection of conquests", and it is my sense that some of them now perhaps regret how they behaved. I'm not saying that males were the innocent part in all this but many were taking advantage of the opportunities presented to them. In the film industry there are clearly some scum bags but it shouldn't be forgotten that some amongst the females are some of those that were opportunistic and are today who are some that pursued producers. As you know I was in the music industry, extremely young and naive at the time and the time was extremely lax and free and what I think now is being cast as predatory wasn't seen that way then. A lot of what is being discussed today is bad but a lot is also simply men propositioning clumsily women and not much more.

Indeed, it's axiomatic that behaviour can only be judged by the prevailing mores at the tiime of that behaviour. Clearly, soome of the recent accusations would have been considered as unremarkable at the time but inappropriate today. It seems harsh that someone should be pilloried for doing something that was unexceptional a quarter century ago. OTOH it is also no defence to excuse behaviour because it was common at a given time - common doesn't necessarily make that behaviour acceptable and it in this grey area that the more serious offenders would seek to hide.

At the moment Damian Green is being accused of impropriety yet if you read carefully not only what the accuser has said, but also Green's behaviour in response to the accuser's behaviour, it seems to me that there is simply nothing to suggest that Green has been provocative or inappropriate. Now, I'm the last person to defend the people who live in the den of venom that is the HoC but natural justice suggests that Green, and possibly others, are being unfairly castigated. And are frivolous complaints diluting the seriousness of others?

TTS, there is no way that Fallon should have resigned or been forced to. And the "victim" agrees.

There are more than a dozen Christmas Markets in Vienna and the main one in Rathausplatz is taking shape. Normally the Christmas tree is placed before the huts .... but not this year for some reason. You can fight with others for control of the webcam ....

http://webcam.anw.at/

TTS, there is no way that Fallon should have resigned or been forced to. And the "victim" agrees.

If that is the only thing he has been accused of then, of course, he should not have resigned. His resignation statement, however, implies that there may be more to come. But the whole thing is very slushy and unproven and it would seem that many are being tried by the court of public opinion on the word of people whom they have not had the opportunity to confront. All very sleazy and unpalatable.

Mysty and Napria: The only person dancing on the tables will be Cam as she is the one who dances in stilettos (remember our previous posts on this fact)! I will only dance in flats and I don't know if I can climb up on the table anymore.

Have a good day ladies, and you fellows, too!

Greetings Coolers! Another day of gloomy, rain-pelted weather here! Bah Humbug!

J...beautiful grill marks!

Penny, we can definitely help you up to the table. Leave no woman behind! :)

Have a great day all!

Hello Coolers,

Wish I had been dancing today, but it was gym day... not so much fun. Sorry, I’ll have to retract that, it is fun because we do dance moves cardio style. Yet, not truly dancing, no. I do still use high heels when I dress up, and I love to dress up. And I’ll pull whoever wants to dance up the table as well. Enjoy your day!!

Food looks lovely and crunchy in all the right places.

Dealing with some minor issues here. No internet and phone has been corrupted by evil forces. A never ending loop I can not change.

Am using old phone with new SIM card and mobile hotspot as temporary fix.

So weird that lpad, Internet and phone messed up during trip.

Go figure.

:-)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Welcome home and do dance with us! Would you happen to remember a bar that used to be on Key Biscayne bayside where college kids, stews etc. used to go back in the day? This talk about getting up on tables (bar?) brought it to mind!!

Evening All......Oh dear Spins....hope you get it all sorted soon, very frustrating !

Lovely to see Napria joining in....hope your troubles soon pass.

Hmmm.....if l wore stilletos I'd look like Dick Emery.....sadly l can't wear them anymore and l really miss them....so it ain't me strutting me stuff on the bar Jeffers....think M is creeping in when we're all in bed! 😉💃

Orf out shopping tomorrow with DD.....need a new Christmas tree as she's promised to trim up for me while I'm cruising....😁