Paper cups at O’Sheehans

jasoneats

Are there paper coffee cups at O’Sheehans so you can take a cup with you? We like to get up very early and roam around the ship with coffee before everyone else is up and about. We’ve gotten “to go” cups at the Atrium Cafe, but has anyone seen them at the 24 hour venues? We’ll be on the Jade in January. Thanks for your help!:hot-beverage::hot-beverage::hot-beverage:

Just carry your coffee with you. When finished, find a decent spot to set it down and it will get cleared away. You will see others stacking used mugs/glasses at various places by the pool, etc. (Don't pile dirty dishes on floor outside your room....leave in room for your steward to clear.)

When you get any drink at a bar you aren't obligated to stand there, drink it, and then leave the glass. You carry it with you and then leave it at the next bar, or leave the empty glass in your room. Your room steward will clear it when they clean your room.

I saw paper coffee cups around the sun deck on the Star last week. We had breakfast in Cagney’s one morning and a lady walked over to the bar with a china cup and came back drinking from a paper cup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never had problems taking drinks out of O'Sheehans.

Me either. We took several drinks from there and we definitely took food from there as well. In fact we told the server we were going to take the food to Spinnakers for trivia which was starting in 15 minutes and could she rush the order.

I've never had problems taking drinks out of O'Sheehans.

Exactly! We have been on three cruises so far this year. Each time we have gotten most of our drinks from O'Sheehans (Escape twice and Dawn). They are not going to stop you if you carry a drink out of their restaurant area or bar area.

Are there paper coffee cups at O’Sheehans so you can take a cup with you? We like to get up very early and roam around the ship with coffee before everyone else is up and about. We’ve gotten “to go” cups at the Atrium Cafe, but has anyone seen them at the 24 hour venues? We’ll be on the Jade in January. Thanks for your help!:hot-beverage::hot-beverage::hot-beverage:

You can take any cup you get anywhere on the ship. They don't have to be paper to take them out. Just don't take glass or china around the pools.

My brother wanted a paper cup with a lid to carry coffee around the ship in the morning, so he finally bought coffee at the Java Cafe in the Atrium just for the cup and then rinsed it out and used it the rest of the trip. Couple people were thinking the same thing and stopped to ask him, "Where'd you get that?" I put "coffee tumbler with lid" on my packing list for next time. Maybe I'll bring the nice Norwegian tumbler I got on our Alaskan cruise with hot chocolate in it. Sure you can take china cups from anywhere all over the place, but who wants to be slopping coffee around?

I actually bring my own disposable hot beverage cups. It's hard to walk around with one of those little coffee mugs without spilling. There was a short period of time a couple of years ago when The new CEO of NCL made a rule against taking any food to go. That lasted only a few weeks following the outcry from passengers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the replies, everyone! We know we can take our porcelain cups with us, but we were hoping for something with a lid that would be a little more transportable. I guess we'll be bringing along some paper cups of our own. Happy Sailing!