With the Pursuit coming on line and increasing your capacity approximately 50%, have you increased your home office staffing to cover the increased workload. Would expect an approximate 50% increase in staffing due to the approximate 50% increase in births, itineraries, etc.

My question is in a similar vein so I will place it here. I was concerned that in a recent post on these boards Azamara’s representative gave the impression that bringing a third ship on was putting a lot of pressure on Miami staff.

Some posters are also posting concerning lapses in shoreside Service in the US and whilst we enjoy fantastic UK service, our own experience is we continue to be frustrated by the basic errors and service lapses of shoreside Land Discoveries.

How can guests be sure that these reported pressures in the run up to Pursuits coming into Service will not impact on their experiences before, during and after their cruises and that the all round service excellence of a few years ago will return, specifically to shoreside US where the punch points seem to be?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
With the Pursuit coming on line and increasing your capacity approximately 50%, have you increased your home office staffing to cover the increased workload. Would expect an approximate 50% increase in staffing due to the approximate 50% increase in births, itineraries, etc.

When a line adds a ship they would never add shore side staffing to equal the percent increase of the vessel. What actually occurs is that the line gains an economy of scale, there will be one president whether you have two ships, three or twenty. The same is true of many positions. There is however, an increase in staff when transactions are increased, for example, a position like a call center agent. Overall a new ship does bring new shore side employees but not nearly to the degree you reference. Additionally, the lines with the largest number of ships, gain the greatest economy of scale, and historically this has resulted in superior return on investor capital. Thanks for the question.

My question is in a similar vein so I will place it here. I was concerned that in a recent post on these boards Azamara’s representative gave the impression that bringing a third ship on was putting a lot of pressure on Miami staff.

Some posters are also posting concerning lapses in shoreside Service in the US and whilst we enjoy fantastic UK service, our own experience is we continue to be frustrated by the basic errors and service lapses of shoreside Land Discoveries.

How can guests be sure that these reported pressures in the run up to Pursuits coming into Service will not impact on their experiences before, during and after their cruises and that the all round service excellence of a few years ago will return, specifically to shoreside US where the punch points seem to be?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Dear uktog, as you know, we survey our guests and research all areas of our business, including shore side service. Factually, there is no evidence that suggests the US or the UK has any degenerated service as a result of the new ship. In fact, I’d say the excitement about the Azamara Pursuit is enthusiastic onboard our ships, in our shore side operations and amongst our guests. Versus a few years ago, service standards, as measured from guests and travel advisors, suggest a superior standard of service. While it is always possible that an individual can have an issue, or several, the overall standard has been improving consistently year over year. I’m pleased to say, in 2017 we have hit the highest survey results since the brand inception. Thank you for your question and most of all for your years of participation in the cruisecritic forum. Your passion about our crew and deliverable have been stellar from the very beginning. I’ve learned much from your postings and we’re a better company because of your many observations. See you onboard soon!

Dear uktog, as you know, we survey our guests and research all areas of our business, including shore side service. Factually, there is no evidence that suggests the US or the UK has any degenerated service as a result of the new ship. In fact, I’d say the excitement about the Azamara Pursuit is enthusiastic onboard our ships, in our shore side operations and amongst our guests. Versus a few years ago, service standards, as measured from guests and travel advisors, suggest a superior standard of service. While it is always possible that an individual can have an issue, or several, the overall standard has been improving consistently year over year. I’m pleased to say, in 2017 we have hit the highest survey results since the brand inception. Thank you for your question and most of all for your years of participation in the cruisecritic forum. Your passion about our crew and deliverable have been stellar from the very beginning. I’ve learned much from your postings and we’re a better company because of your many observations. See you onboard soon!

Sorry Larry but, the ineptitude of your home office and especially your horrid IT Department as well as profits at any cost including cheerleaders for your brand who are now leaving the fold due to your drive for increased profits at the costs of your customers is obvious here on CC.

the

Promises made and not kept, incoherent letters that say one thing when in fact the exact opposite is done by the bean counters, etc. And when issues are pointed out on CC, hey are not only ignored, there are no apologies and the same issues mannifest themselves again and again. The website at times is a disaster with what appear to be simple fixes taking months on end with unkept promises again and again. Many people here on CC who have a great number of nites on azamara are saying never again. While you may feel you can simply get new replacements, the word is out and there are only a finite number who will put up with the search for ever greater profits. Profit is not a bad word but, when you alienate the very customers who have supported you excellent on board experience and are completely fed up with a home office that simply appears to not give a darn, you are asking for trouble.

Not taling about service standards on the ships as they are excellent but, people don't respond to onboard surveys about the home office which are your great shortcoming. Even a person in your office promised a date when cancellations would be forthcoming yet they certainly didn't happen as advertised. The answer is to promise less and deliver more while you home office credo appears to be promise more and deliver much less.

Many of us won't be back and are now spreading the word. A new old ship will not solve these issues. A mass replacement in your IT Department and making sure promises are kept in the home office will go a long way to bring back people who love the on board experience. Thanks for listening and not continuing the horrid home office and IT experience.