On Board Booking Discount

Citymom92

When I am on the Harmony of the Seas in December, I will thoroughly check out the New INS and OUTS of the Next Cruise scenario and I think I will also ask the agent if I can tape record him or her when they tell me the goods as there seems to be a fair amount of difference in facts expressed by various people who have booked on board over the past few months as to how much the deposit is going to be; whether it is refundable or non refundable and all that jazz. What I know for sure right now is that after we made a booking for our Dec 2, 2017 cruise last year on a ship in Europe,, when we first attempted to change our cabin category in September this year, we were told we would lose the OBC that we received on board which at that time was $150, we would lose the Wow sale discount of 30 percent and we would not be given any money back, this was after final payment (the outside cabin price was less than the inside we booked on board. It was a real fiasco. We eventually negotiated with them. My husband is a litigator so it took some time, going up the ranks of RCCL, but we eventually got them to surrender but they told us NEVER again. I wish they would put the policy if writing. Maybe it will be on the back of the NEXT CRUISE form. We will check it out on the Harmony of the Seas, but if there are too many restrictions, they will not be getting my money in advance anymore.

But our next one is 8 nights and it was $100 p/p. I'm beginning to wonder if there really is any actual rule.

It just changed to requiring a full deposit a couple of months ago. Maybe you booked before the change. At that time 8 nights was $100 pp