Table Request

lisagro

I am going to be sailing on the Breeze. On our last couple of cruises, my husband and I have had bad luck with dining assignments. For example, last year we were seated at a table for 4, and the other couple only showed up for 3 of the 7 nights of the cruise. We eat alone at home; on a cruise, we would like to meet new people and enjoy their company at dinner. I would like to request a large table on our upcoming cruise (we are assigned to early seating.) Would the best way to do it be to e-mail the maitre-d before our cruise? Or is there a better suggestion? Once we get there, my husband won't let me change tables; he doesn't like to "make waves." Thanks for your help. :ship::ship::ship:

I'm with you...a large table is best, for us! Unfortunately, there are so many other eating venues nowadays, that you are unlikely to have a full table nightly! But yes....go to the dining room when you board and request a LARGE table! Traditional seating is best for this...not "anytime" dining...as those folks prefer to eat alone 99% of the time!

I've found that meeting with the Maitre'd on embarkation day works the best. You can try e-mailing him, and then go to the dining room to meet with the Maitre'd on embarkation day to check the type of table you've been assigned, (check when, and which dining room, with the guest services desk, or the Fun Times) and if it's not what you want, just request the change, then and there. That's always worked for me, and by the way, I agree with you 100%. A big table is the way to go. I've met some GREAT folks that way. :cool:

"SKY"

I always like to go to the dining room on embarkation day and see where my dining table is. That way if it is not what I like I can ask for a larger table. My friend and I like to meet others and have had some good luck with this.

Candi

That is what we do. A table for 6 is perfect, when one couple doesnt show up still another one to talk too.

Bigger tables in a crowded DR make it harder to hear accross the table.

Last year I went to the MDR on embarkation day and looked for our table. They did not have the table numbers put out yet, and I asked some people who were putting silverware together where our table would be. They told me that it would be one of the larger tables (which it was not.) I looked around for a long time for the maitre 'd or anyone else in charge and could never find anyone. When we got to dinner and saw we were at a table for 4, my husband wouldn't let me change, so I was stuck for the rest of the cruise :(