Any Q's About the Glory?

sparks1093

Just wondering about the mini fridge --- when you arrive is it empty? or do you have to ask the cabin steward to remove the carnival beverages and not bill you?

Thanks.

Not only was it empty it actually chilled our soda nicely, which was a pleasant surprise.

Just returned and before writing my review I'll post the answers here that I obtained:

Live music options in venues?

The live music is listed in the Fun Times and the performers rotate through numerous venues so it's easy to find your favorite and where they are performing.

Aft pool adult only?

Yes, it is adult only (even on a holiday week) and the only times I saw kids back there was when they were getting pizza.

Do they enforce chair hogs?

We didn't spend a lot of time on Lido but the few times we were up there it didn't look like there was much chair hogging going on. There appeared to be a staff member walking around to enforce this type of thing.

Do they have soy milk coffee creamer?

I couldn't find any. I asked in the MDR and they do have soy milk available upon request and I would think this would extend to the buffet as well.

Martini tasting, how much and where?

Alchemy bar and it's $20.50 (save a dollar the first night). This can be shared if you purchase it (didn't have Cheers so I don't know if it's covered). You are given a menu card with 7 martinis on it and you may choose any 4. Our bartender asked us to identify each martini by tasting them which we were able to do. Not traditional martinis but still very good.

Who is the cruise director?

Dustin Gabriel, but he left at the end of our cruise for a 6 week vacation and Chris Loveland will be filling in.

I did take a photo of the room service menu that I will try to upload into my review.

Who can provide me with the Fun Times?

They’re all in here except the main page for one of the nights. I somehow forgot to get that one. Hope this helps!

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2556511

Personally, with the Hub now active, I'm surprised they still print the FunTimes. I can say, they don't print them in foreign languages anymore like they used to.

Personally, with the Hub now active, I'm surprised they still print the FunTimes. I can say, they don't print them in foreign languages anymore like they used to.

While I love the Hub App, I’m glad they do print them. I’m one that likes to see everything at once without scrolling. It’s easier for me to spot if there’s anything I’m interested in at a quick glance. Plus you can’t get them after the cruise. It’s fun to go back and reminisce. Other people like to look at them too as you know [emoji846].

DW couldn't get the Hub App to load so I'm glad they print them.

Does the Glory have the new breakfast offerings yet - avocado toast, broken egg sandwich, or breakfast bowls.

How about the return of the Baked Alaska in the main dining room?

I read that the new upgraded offerings are being phased-in on the various ships?

I want to say that I saw avocado toast and broken egg sandwich but I wouldn't swear to it. I did not see Baked Alaska being offered.

• 3 weeks later...
I always write a review when we return from a trip and it invariably happens that someone poses a question that had I known the question in advance of the cruise I could have researched onboard and gotten the answer. So, with that in mind does anyone have any questions about Glory? I'll do my best to find out the answer and return to this thread with the answer when we return (you'll just have to wait a few weeks for the answer:)).

Is there an Asian food section on the buffet line?

KC