Any Q's About the Glory?

sparks1093

My wife is from a small village called Heiligenmoschel. Near Kaiserslautern (K-town in American lingo), about a hour SSW from Frankfurt. I hope her brother and their wives enjoy their cruise on the Glory.

I've heard of K-town:). If they publish the meet and greet in the Fun Times I hope you crash it:D.

We're going on the the Glory in April and can't wait! My husband and I have been on the Vista and Dream and really enjoyed spending time in the Ocean Plaza. I know Glory doesn't have this area, but I'm wondering what they have for options in regards to live music and where the majority of people enjoy listening to live music at night.

Thanks!

I just saw the FunTimes that firemanbobswife posted and it looks like they list where and when all of the live music is throughout the ship.

Is there a deli or anyplace on the Glory where I can get a wrap or make myself a small sandwich in the morning?

Yes there is a deli. We just got off the Glory yesterday. Although our venues were changed due to darn hurricane damage, we still had a fantastic time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes but the Deli normally doesn't open until about 1100.

Does anyone have (or can point me to) photos of the room service menu? I heard some of it's free, and some of it's not, but that's about it.

I'll try to remember to take a picture of it. I don't even recall seeing a menu on Fascination, other than the door hanger one.

• 3 weeks later...

Just returned and before writing my review I'll post the answers here that I obtained:

Live music options in venues?

The live music is listed in the Fun Times and the performers rotate through numerous venues so it's easy to find your favorite and where they are performing.

Aft pool adult only?

Yes, it is adult only (even on a holiday week) and the only times I saw kids back there was when they were getting pizza.

Do they enforce chair hogs?

We didn't spend a lot of time on Lido but the few times we were up there it didn't look like there was much chair hogging going on. There appeared to be a staff member walking around to enforce this type of thing.

Do they have soy milk coffee creamer?

I couldn't find any. I asked in the MDR and they do have soy milk available upon request and I would think this would extend to the buffet as well.

Martini tasting, how much and where?

Alchemy bar and it's $20.50 (save a dollar the first night). This can be shared if you purchase it (didn't have Cheers so I don't know if it's covered). You are given a menu card with 7 martinis on it and you may choose any 4. Our bartender asked us to identify each martini by tasting them which we were able to do. Not traditional martinis but still very good.

Who is the cruise director?

Dustin Gabriel, but he left at the end of our cruise for a 6 week vacation and Chris Loveland will be filling in.

I did take a photo of the room service menu that I will try to upload into my review.