Replacement hotel for Pier 66, Fort Lauderdale?

English_in_Spain

If you are staying at the Riverside, there is a drug store about a block away and a full size grocery store about three blocks away.

As Taxmantoo said, Big City Tavern across the street is good. They have happy hour specials from 4-7 with food specials at the bar. (We may have been there a few times.)

The restaurants within the hotel are exceptionally good. It’s a CVS around the corner and a Fresh Market grocery 3 or so blocks away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's also a Publix up on Andrews Avenue.

The restaurants within the hotel are exceptionally good. It’s a CVS around the corner and a Fresh Market grocery 3 or so blocks away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Dh really liked MAus Hoffman for excellent men's haberdashery. Shopping for the ladies was mentioned (Chico's and Fresh Produce) , how aboutfor the gents? :)

IMHO Pier 66 is nicer than Riverside unless they did a renovation since we stayed there.

Our top floor room with walk out balcony was dated and musty. The location is great, the ambience is nice, but not same caliber as Pier 66. We liked the Renaissance chain ( but haven't been to the one mentioned) and always love Embassy Suites. Harbor Beach Marriott is nice and on the ocean. Rooms at HBM are on the small side. If it is for one night you really can't go wrong with any of your options. Did you check Marriott 17th Street Causeway? It is across the street from the port and usually a bit less expensive than Harbor Beach. Enjoy your vacation !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My Dh really liked MAus Hoffman for excellent men's haberdashery. Shopping for the ladies was mentioned (Chico's and Fresh Produce) , how aboutfor the gents? :)
https://lasolasboulevard.com/members/category/las-olas-boulevard-shops/mens-apparel-accessories

The Las Olas merchants' association site has a list of all the businesses on Las Olas Blvd.

I think I'm allowed to answer that question because I live here, but I am sure someone is going to say to call Seattle. ;)

https://lasolasboulevard.com/members/category/las-olas-boulevard-shops/mens-apparel-accessories

The Las Olas merchants' association site has a list of all the businesses on Las Olas Blvd.

I think I'm allowed to answer that question because I live here, but I am sure someone is going to say to call Seattle. ;)

LOL. :D:*:')

I'd take your word over Seattle's any day of the week. :D

I cannot access this link. I get the message

This site can’t provide a secure connection

lasolasboulevard.com uses an unsupported protocol.

Is there any other link that may help me find which shops are there.

In addition to buying things like toiletries instead of bringing them, the person I am travelling with needs to buy some shorts, an evening shirt and a bow tie (he has decided he wants to do the formal thing).

If you have some time, also possibly take the water taxi (https://watertaxi.com) down to 17th St (get off at the Hilton) and there are shops on 17th St. at the Harbor Shops Mall (they have a web site but there isn't anything coming up for shops when you click the link so I left it off). Publix (supermarket), T J Maxx, Total Wine and miscellaneous shops/restaurants. I think there is a Ross Dress For Less across the street from Harbor Shops as well. There are numerous restaurants in the area as well (Panera, Carabbas, Carlos & Pepe's, etc.

I cannot access this link. I get the message

This site can’t provide a secure connection

lasolasboulevard.com uses an unsupported protocol.

Is there any other link that may help me find which shops are there.

In addition to buying things like toiletries instead of bringing them, the person I am travelling with needs to buy some shorts, an evening shirt and a bow tie (he has decided he wants to do the formal thing).

If you've got someone looking for a formal shirt, I'd be inclined to recommend Jos. A. Bank in the Galleria Mall. You'll need a taxi or Uber to get there. The store is right inside the main entrance (Palm Court entrance) where the taxis will drop you off. (It's Q on the map at the link - which I hope will work this time. :o )

http://www.galleriamall-fl.com/shopping/

http://www.josbank.com/formal-dress-shirts

I scrolled through the list of shops and didn't see Chico's listed. I wonder if they're no longer on Las Olas. Our most recent cruise out of Fort Lauderdale was in February '15. I shopped there at that time. Glad to see Fresh Produce is still there. I always shop there while in FLL.

We always view the days pre-cruise as part of the vacation. I'm seriously considering changing my Rotterdam out of Tampa to Eurodam out of Fort Lauderdale...just to enjoy Las Olas for some pre-cruise fun!

If you've got someone looking for a formal shirt, I'd be inclined to recommend Jos. A. Bank in the Galleria Mall. You'll need a taxi or Uber to get there. The store is right inside the main entrance (Palm Court entrance) where the taxis will drop you off. (It's Q on the map at the link - which I hope will work this time. :o )

http://www.galleriamall-fl.com/shopping/

http://www.josbank.com/formal-dress-shirts

Thank you for this information. It is exactly what I need.

I scrolled through the list of shops and didn't see Chico's listed. I wonder if they're no longer on Las Olas. Our most recent cruise out of Fort Lauderdale was in February '15. I shopped there at that time. Glad to see Fresh Produce is still there. I always shop there while in FLL.

We always view the days pre-cruise as part of the vacation. I'm seriously considering changing my Rotterdam out of Tampa to Eurodam out of Fort Lauderdale...just to enjoy Las Olas for some pre-cruise fun!

They moved to the Galleria Mall a while ago.

We have now changed our booking to Riverside hotel Executive room for 2 nights pre-cruise.

Neil now has to decide whether to buy a shirt and bow tie (he has the jacket and trousers) or to rent formal wear on the ship.

Looking at the prices on Jos Bank's website and the fact that we are flying from Spain via UK it may be better to rent.

I know formal wear is no longer essential but he wants to do it and so do I.

Just over four weeks to go and still so much to arrange

We have a friend who rented tuxedos on several occasions. Just remember to try it on as soon as you get to the room. He only ever had one problem, but it was pants that were about 6 inches too short. They were able to fix it before we left port in San Diego.