Pedicabs or other transport for challenged walkers on pier?

mlbcruiser

It's been several years since we have been to Costa Maya and even so, I can't recall too much about the pier. I have, however, seen a Utube video and it looks like the pier is quite a long walk from ship berths to the land entrance to the pier. Since my dh has a bit of a mobility issue, I am wondering if we can expect any type of transport to operate on the pier for those who might have difficulty walking the length of the pier?

Thanks for any info.

It's been several years since we have been to Costa Maya and even so, I can't recall too much about the pier. I have, however, seen a Utube video and it looks like the pier is quite a long walk from ship berths to the land entrance to the pier. Since my dh has a bit of a mobility issue, I am wondering if we can expect any type of transport to operate on the pier for those who might have difficulty walking the length of the pier?

Thanks for any info.

When we were there this past January you had to walk from the pier to the area with the shops/beach.

There was no transport then.

Keith

Unless things have changed there has always been a type of road train ( vehicle pulling carriages).

Use Google images and put in “train at costa Maya” for images.

We were there last year and there was a pier train taking you from the ship to the entrance to the shop complex. It’s still a reasonable walk (maybe 500m) from that point through the shops to the tour buses though there are seats along the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the info! Someone posted on our roll call today part of an article on Costa Maya that indicated there are shuttles that will pick up by the ships and take pax the length of the pier. Must be the little train or tram thing that is mentioned above. Good news!