First time purchasing Cheers package. When do you get it?

tennboy1981

Ok, so I hope I am not asking a question that is asked all the time lol. This is my 8th cruise with Carnival, but the first time I ever purchased the Cheers package. Will you be able to use your cheers package right away when you board? I typically like to get up on the Lido deck and start celebrating right away. lol

If you purchase CHEERS prior to boarding for your cruise, then you will be able to start using immediately. Go to any bar, and they will look up your name, and place the CHEERS sticker on your S&S card. I always save and bring my receipt, just in case. If you wait for boarding to purchase, then go straight to Guest Services and buy. It will be roughly $5 more per day if you don't pre-purchase.

If you purchase CHEERS prior to boarding for your cruise, then you will be able to start using immediately. Go to any bar, and they will look up your name, and place the CHEERS sticker on your S&S card. I always save and bring my receipt, just in case. If you wait for boarding to purchase, then go straight to Guest Services and buy. It will be roughly $5 more per day if you don't pre-purchase.

Guest services? Before I started prepaying for it I would just tell a bartender I wanted to buy Cheers and they would do it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the answers everyone. I already booked the cheers online. I also saved 50 bucks cause I got a 500 dollar gift card for 450. Basically almost covered gratuity. Whoop whoop!

Yes, that and the $5 a day you save from pre-booking. It's the best way to buy it! :D

Guest services? Before I started prepaying for it I would just tell a bartender I wanted to buy Cheers and they would do it for me.

That's good to know. Thank you for correcting me. I always purchase FTTF, so going to GS's hasn't been an issue, but it's good to know that CHEERS can also be purchased at the bars.

Thanks for the answers everyone. I already booked the cheers online. I also saved 50 bucks cause I got a 500 dollar gift card for 450. Basically almost covered gratuity. Whoop whoop!

Do they still have the gift card deal?

I can't find it on line.

Another Cheers newbie question... can you use it on the morning of debarkation for a mimosa or something? Since my "seven day" cruise is actually eight if you count debarkation, but Carnival only charged for seven days of drinking, I'm wondering if they left debarkation day out.

Yes you can use it but and will pay just the taxes in port.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

What do you think it would be for?

Literally? Decoration. It seems odd to me that a sticker would be more indicative of the cheers association than the card details themselves. They don't have to read your sail and sign manually when they swipe it to put the charges to your cabin, it's information stored in the card. I just can't see how a sticker would help that.

Do they still have the gift card deal?

I can't find it on line.

You can get the discounted cards through AARP and used to be Verizon. But they discontinued that rewards program with them. So AARP is the only other place that I'm aware of. You don't have to be a member. Just create and account you earn points and can purchases gift cards at discounted rates.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Literally? Decoration. It seems odd to me that a sticker would be more indicative of the cheers association than the card details themselves. They don't have to read your sail and sign manually when they swipe it to put the charges to your cabin, it's information stored in the card. I just can't see how a sticker would help that.

The sticker is pretty meaningless. I've had times where I'll get several drinks before someone puts the sticker on. I had a time where I got a replacement card and they never put a sticker on it. By the end of the cruise the card has been used so much you can't even read what the sticker says.