Traditional Dining Question

ev8876

Hi. We had a group of 14 traveling on the 1/14/06 Golden. We are confirmed for Late Traditional Dining. About a month ago, another couple joined us so now there are 16 of us. The last couple is waitlisted (#184) for late dining. Is there anything we can do to get them included in our group dining confirmed sitting for late Traditional? Thanks.

Tables tend to be 2, 4, maybe 6 and 8 tops ... tho I think I have seen some 10 tops before.

Trouble is the 8 tops tend to be one or two per waiters station so they serve large and small groups.

Going from 14 to 16 (probably 2 8 tops anyhow) should not be an issue. Just don't go over 16!

I would not expect the tables to be right next to each other ... tho on one cruise line (Celebrity) a larger group had a very very LONG table that held probably 12-14+. Made it very difficult for the waiter to handle one table (maybe they had two waiters and one assistant) .. also people showed up randomly and sat where they wanted.. so the poor waiter had to take partial orders and watch when new people arrive. On top of that this group tended to play musical chairs with the waiter and bartender .. and laugh when they messed up! On top of that the group totally ignored the 'dress code' for the evening .. they thought 'formal' meant studs and feathers on their jean jackets/pants. But thats another rant!

To get the newcomers assigned to your dining, all you need to do is have your travel agent link their booking number to yours. You will all be assigned the same dinner seating.

That said, the issues raised above re: table size and placement do need to be considered, and you will all need to understand that you will not be at one table, and more likely be at two or three nearby tables.

I do understand that we will not be at the same table. We can work that out among ourselves. I did call my travel agent. All 16 of us are cross referenced. He said Princess would not take the last couple off the wait list.

Archived