An Epic live adventure crossing the Atlantic in November... Let’s go!!

alysonofagun

Looking forward to more....I'll be sailing solo for the first time on Epic in May. It makes me happy to hear how many people love the solo cruises as I'm a little nervous to do this. :)

Be prepared to meet people of all ages, walks of life etc etc, but you’re all solo and you’re in it together... you’ll love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry for the delay in updating, but it wouldn’t be an NCL cruise if there weren’t internet problems at sea [emoji6]

After smashing a few more shots on Sunday, it was time for muster which, I’ll be honest, passed by in a blur. Quick stop at O’Sheehans for snackage and we were up on deck for sailaway at 6pm.

Muster with a view:

0532d6bbb48d6bd207f262a160b6dc76.jpg

Despite being a tough northern lass, I got cold on deck so we headed back to the cabin and unpacked. I’d read a fair bit about all the storage in the cabins but I was impressed to see just how much there actually is! One of my big hesitations was with regards to the toilet situation and was it going to feel like I was going in the middle of the room?! Well, I have to say, no. Pleasantly surprised and don’t even feel like the weird set up is an issue at all. Hallelujah! I do miss the fancy lighting of the studio cabins though, the sacrifices you make for travelling as a couple eh..?!

A general lack of sleep for weeks and a bit too much Patron, and all of a sudden the bed looked very very comfy and a quick nap turned into a couple of hours of rather deep sleep. Woke up around 11 absolutely starving, room service it is then - who the F orders a salad?! Epic fail #1 there for me...

8f555c619027c6b4b075d5cc633b6256.jpg

Fed and watered it was back to bed for a sound nights sleep - I should’ve mentioned early on, shuteye will probably be a very active theme throughout the cruise.

Monday morning started with our M&G, with an active roll call and even more active page on that other site which shall not be named, we had over 300 signed up and met in the Manhattan Room.

72889ab1a11df6fe9e2886819b08dbdc.jpg

Thanks to the anonymous person for my gift from the exchange, although as a Seminole my OH has banned these to the balcony 🤣

61b618f0e74339139c502777b967e0a1.jpg

Actually, in truth, Monday started like this:

1eef65b2c3a7f6a564a29b86b7bf9112.jpg

So with the M&G over and it was time for a first trip to the buffet for two very hungry cruisers as a liquid breakfast does not a stomach fill.

The boy has an appointment at the barbers this afternoon for a bit of beard trimming, so I am sat writing this overlooking the dance class in the atrium, enjoying my first Long Island Ice Tea of the cruise, while I wait for him.

52822fc1340d79c9a83dba18ac3f1f76.jpg

It’s Norwegian’s Night Out tonight and I am looking forward to dressing up appropriately... [emoji1380]

**its now Monday and we’re in Malaga for the day - more to follow later and hopefully they will fix the internet on board so I can keep updating!

We’re in an aft balcony cabin on Deck 9 for the 18th.

We will be on Epic Nov. 18th, Our 1st on this ship. I'm eager to hear how you like the aft cabin, we are on an aft balcony one deck below you on 11. i know you'll have a fantastic trip. Have fun.:cool:

We're in an aft balcony on deck 8 (we wanted the big balcony that you get with the end cabins) on the 18th and 25th. So - we'll be watching for updates, as well!

So far I am loving it! I have no other balcony experience to compare it to, its quite noisy and the juddering into port this morning frightened the life out of me..... but.....

8521375826f64ae046949896405ece6e.jpg

‘Nuff said!

Great blog which I will follow with interest - our stories are bery similar! I bit the bullet and went on my first ever cruise, solo on the Epic last March. Great people, one in particular and we also opted for a date dinner on the final night. I’m a Brit, he’s American so many thousands of transatlantic miles have been flown since then! We’re off cruising next week. And, the really spooky thing is we very nearly booked the Epic transatlantic and would have been with you! However, we got an amazing deal on the Southern Caribbean on NCL Sun and I will be setting off, USA bound, a week tomorrow from Manchester! Have fun!

Great blog which I will follow with interest - our stories are bery similar! I bit the bullet and went on my first ever cruise, solo on the Epic last March. Great people, one in particular and we also opted for a date dinner on the final night. I’m a Brit, he’s American so many thousands of transatlantic miles have been flown since then! We’re off cruising next week. And, the really spooky thing is we very nearly booked the Epic transatlantic and would have been with you! However, we got an amazing deal on the Southern Caribbean on NCL Sun and I will be setting off, USA bound, a week tomorrow from Manchester! Have fun!

All the best love stories start aboard the Epic! ❤️

I'm looking forward to using the "secret stairs" to view the sides of the ship. On previous cruises - it was sometimes a long walk to see the opposite side of the ship!

We are too! We have a “corner” Cabin so they’ll be right beside us.

So the boy’s beard trim yesterday turned into a full on facial and the whole shebang, followed by him being hustled into buying what seems like ALL the products in the shop... ladies and gents I give you a $200 shave:

d7c0b91632d190d56f38df60089e714d.jpg

(Now I’m wondering if the guys in the jewellery shop could also do a sterling job... [emoji183][emoji183][emoji183])

Anyway, the shock caused me to turn to drink, which in turn caused me to nap. And nap good I did after two too many of these...

20f543739284a1b99ab49aa6455f5556.jpg

We surfaced in time for dinner and styled it out something good for Norwegian Night Out. Before you ask, this was his idea...

be2275be02c23e797f59f0a590c18b51.jpg

Dinner was in the MDR, followed by a spot of very sweaty dancing up in Bliss [emoji1380][emoji1380][emoji1380]

913c1465fe6fd89beec3ad1f0e6d7526.jpg

5198edd02123bdd1e5c5845498ebfe9e.jpg

Juddering into port early this morning frightened the life out of me - a full on bolt upright in bed what the ffffffffffccckkkkk kind of fright - but thankfully, the land of nod was not fully done with me yet and with no real plans for Málaga, we snoozed until 9ish...

Made it off the boat around 11 and went a wandering... Spot of shopping (because, just because), spot of tapas, some ice cream and more shopping and we were back on board around 4, and with weary feet could make it no further than a couch at Maltings for a couple of hours...

e21604c8f6cfcc01bbd6c2045c414996.jpg

Quick change and dinner at Moderno, food coma ahoy... Feel like I’m getting ill so not been hitting it so hard on the drinking front today, instead drugged myself up in the hope of beating this beast overnight [emoji1377]

Edited by alysonofagun

We miss you [emoji24] But you are here in spirit... I keep asking myself WWAD? Do it of course!!!

1a724c87269e3c58b79abfc2d83abc5e.jpg

Ha ha!! Love being there with you in spirit...next stop the Azores eh? It sounds so magical, like the Seychelles, or the Maldives...if only! If it’s any consolation, it’s a scraping ice off the car kinda day here.

How are your fellow travellers, are there any new recruits that could meet our exacting standards? Can’t believe you’re getting ill again, try some hot toddy type beverages, I bet that would work wonders...omg, maybe the ship pumps a virus into your cabin to restrict your impact on the UBP...show em what you’re made of girl!!!

The pic of the moon-set is breathtaking, the aft-life is the way to go!!!

How are your fellow travellers, are there any new recruits that could meet our exacting standards? Can’t believe you’re getting ill again, try some hot toddy type beverages, I bet that would work wonders...omg, maybe the ship pumps a virus into your cabin to restrict your impact on the UBP...show em what you’re made of girl!!!

We haven’t got to Cruise Fam level of shenanigans yet but I reckon by the end of the 2 weeks we’ll have recruited a few...

Reckon I need to hit the jaeger tonight, for purely medicinal purposes of course...

So it would appear we both have the dreaded cruise cold, and all the drugs from Boots had little effect last night... the only benefit of being a grotbag snotbag is you get to see this sunrise as you are honking up for the 100th time that morning...

adf47709d1e88931c90ac9e569cd7417.jpg

Early morning trip to the buffet followed, and being a typical Libra when it comes to food selection, I do love the freedom the buffet affords... do I want pancakes? French toast? Waffles? Why weigh up your options in great detail when you can just have it all:

ef9910b3f11035f12faac7ce7ae01c95.jpg

FWIW the waffle was the winner, toast was dull and pancake too cakey...

Due to feeling like sheeeeiiite, I bailed on the CC organised bar crawl... [emoji24]... if there’s one activity I love love love it’s a crawwwwwwl, so will have to make it up to myself with one in a few days - all welcome!!!

It’s a glorious day at sea today but unfortunately the wind has other ideas on the “nice and warm” front... sunbathing with goosebumps is the way forward.

So far (its 14:45) I’ve had a piña colada (more rum needed) and a glass of white wine (average at best) and am feeling like I need to ramp it up on the drinking front today. If medicine isn’t going to kill this cold, I’ll be damned if I don’t try with alcohol instead....

ACHOOOOOOO [emoji40][emoji855][emoji40][emoji855][emoji40]

11b027ea1370df786310db55d0291be0.jpg

P.S. Sadly the $29,000 green diamond [emoji183] in the jewellers didn’t fit [emoji20]

P.S. Sadly the $29,000 green diamond [emoji183] in the jewellers didn’t fit [emoji20]

This entire review is making me laugh. I actually had to laugh out loud at that one!

The only problem with this type of review is those of us from the other side of the pond have a hard time interpreting some of your "English".

Rectified the alcohol situation with a couple of these and an hour in the hot tub

52daef7d1d8fe6decf68ca13b4e9d4e4.jpg

I then decided a nap was very much needed just had a good hour or so studying the insides of my eyelids. Woke to find nice day at sea has turned into rocky evening at sea and am wondering if it’s time to neck a cautionary motion sickness pill... can’t remember where I put the damn things after my first-day-storage-over-excitement though [emoji51]

Seem to have found myself addicted to watching this channel... “Yes I have it on again”... Soooo wish we were taking this route instead to the Azores - wonder if I could get an email for the Captain and send it on?!

49fd590edcf7e0fa6ae34633f0a70907.jpg

This entire review is making me laugh. I actually had to laugh out loud at that one!

The only problem with this type of review is those of us from the other side of the pond have a hard time interpreting some of your "English".

yup am having similar comments from my review

American English vs UK English

a few examples

swimming costume/bathing suit

lifts/elevators

toilets/restrooms

ground floor/first floor

walking stick/cane

motorway/highway

boot/trunk

bonnet/lid

petrol/gas

and tea is a hot beverage not iced![mind you you did toss a load of the stuff into a certain bay a few hundred years ago so cant blame you for not knowing what to do with it lol]