Two questions

claudiniusmaximus

Hi Folks

I think this first one might be celebrity’s famous IT issues but I tried a dummy booking before entering my captains club number, then tried again after entering my captains club number and there was no difference in price (I’d normally expect to be able to book a cabin grade higher eg 2b for 2c price).

When I log into the captains club website is doesn’t have my previous cruise logged. I’m guessing I just need to call celebrity tomorrow but I did want to book tonight after spending aaaages choosing.

I’m in the UK if this makes a difference.

My other question is about flights. In the UK we don’t book via Choice Air but can book flights and transfers as extras as we progress through the booking. Does anyone know if we do this are the flights covered by celebrity in the sense that if there is a problem they sort it out/deal with it rather than me having to? Eg if it’s delayed it’s celebrity’s responsibility to get us to the ship rather than ours etc.

Thanks for any insight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’ve just answered my first question..

By logging into captains club then using the booking search engine from there rather than the main website, it’s applies the discount but only after you click on “apply” when it says you qualify for reduced rates.

But I do now have another question - some cabins have convertible sofa beds. But *all* cabins have sofas don’t they? I don’t need to book one with a sofa bed to get my sofa? (Balcony stateroom).

My other question is about flights. In the UK we don’t book via Choice Air but can book flights and transfers as extras as we progress through the booking. Does anyone know if we do this are the flights covered by celebrity in the sense that if there is a problem they sort it out/deal with it rather than me having to? Eg if it’s delayed it’s celebrity’s responsibility to get us to the ship rather than ours etc.

You are in effect booking a package deal when you book air with your cruise in UK.

This includes transport to and from the ship and also a day hotel if you have a late flight on your return.

Once you get to the airport (MAN in our case) it is Celebrity’s responsibility to get you to the ship.

We almost had this situation in March 2013, when there was a late snowfall the morning of our flight. Fortunately we had travelled to Manchester the night before, so were at the airport, which is at sea level, so it wasn’t effected by the snow on the Pennines.

When we reached Heathrow, passengers told stories of how they were phoned by TA’s suggesting that they get to Heathrow immediately. Many regional flights were delayed or cancelled.

Fortunately we also had accommodation in Florida the day before sailing, so the actual sailing time wasn’t delayed.

You are in effect booking a package deal when you book air with your cruise in UK.

This includes transport to and from the ship and also a day hotel if you have a late flight on your return.

Once you get to the airport, it is Celebrity’s responsibility to get you to the ship.

We almost had this situation in March 2013, when there was a late snowfall the morning of our flight. Fortunately we had travelled to Manchester the night before, so were at the airport, which is at sea level, so it wasn’t effected by the snow on the Pennines.

When we reached Heathrow, passengers told stories of how they were phoned by TA’s suggesting that they get to Heathrow immediately. Many regional flights were delayed or cancelled.

Fortunately we also had accommodation in Florida the day before sailing, so the actual sailing time wasn’t delayed.

Thanks Upward. So presumably if there is a problem with the flight they also have to get me to Rome (departure port) as well? Or at least to the next stop to join the cruise etc

Thanks Upward. So presumably if there is a problem with the flight they also have to get me to Rome (departure port) as well? Or at least to the next stop to join the cruise etc

Yes.

But I do now have another question - some cabins have convertible sofa beds. But *all* cabins have sofas don’t they? I don’t need to book one with a sofa bed to get my sofa? (Balcony stateroom)

We have always had a sofa in our balcony cabin and have had 2C, 2A, 1A and FV.

"This includes transport to and from the ship and also a day hotel if you have a late flight on your return."

I'm confused, I have flights booked through celebrity but not transfers to/from ship

It would help knowing if you live in UK, as T & C are different from the USA.

Once you get to the airport (MAN in our case) it is Celebrity’s responsibility to get you to the ship.

Hmm. I booked cruise and flights with Celebrity in 2014, and the airport-port transfer was NOT included, so I would suggest clarifying that.

Since then, I've saved £££ by booking my own flights. This year it was cheaper to book our own flights AND factor in a technically unnecessary night in a local hotel pre-cruise than pay Celebrity flight prices.

Stuart

Hmm. I booked cruise and flights with Celebrity in 2014, and the airport-port transfer was NOT included, so I would suggest clarifying that.
Eclipse 2013 Southern Caribbean cruise.

Transport picked us up at MIA and transferred us to FLL and reverse at the end of the cruise when we were taken to a day hotel at MIA.

Infinity 2013 TA.

After the cruise we were taken to a day hotel at MIA Airport.

2016 Azamara Quest ( same RCCL group)

Transport from ship to Montreal Airport hotel.

I have read that one way flight prices are very competitive.

A word of caution however, we had to cancel a TA cruise at the end of Oct 2015. We were told that we would have to pay for the flight to Rome , as it had been paid for at the booking stage ( by Celebrity, I believe it was via EasyJet) I contested this as we didn’t have this T & C in writing. Eventually I had the flight cost refunded.

The BA flight back from Miami was not pre paid as it wasn’t via a ‘cheap carrier.’

Edited by upwarduk

On the UK site at the moment you add flights, transfers (and hotel if required) as extras. The transfers don’t seem to be automatic just from buying a flight.

The prices for the flights aren’t inflated tho. They seem comparable to booking direct. Same for the transfers. At least on the ones I’m looking at.

Eclipse 2013 Southern Caribbean cruise.

Transport picked us up at MIA and transferred us to FLL and reverse at the end of the cruise when we were taken to a day hotel at MIA.

Infinity 2013 TA.

After the cruise we were taken to a day hotel at MIA Airport.

2016 Azamara Quest ( same RCCL group)

Transport from ship to Montreal Airport hotel.

I have read that one way flight prices are very competitive.

A word of caution however, we had to cancel a TA cruise at the end of Oct 2015. We were told that we would have to pay for the flight, as it had been paid for at the booking stage ( by Celebrity, I believe it was EasyJet) I contested this as we didn’t have this T & C in writing. Eventually I had the flight cost refunded.

It used to be that way (all inclusive price), but I believe it’s shown separately now online for transfers, hotel etc. - pax choose their preference. Years ago, you didn’t get the choice of flights or hotels, it was virtually only a couple of companies X were contracted with. They never used budget airlines either at that time until Monarch, Jet2 etc. came on the scene.