Cruise Cash/Cruise Cash Bar?

cdhstang

Cruise cash can be used for anything. Bar cruise cash can be applied ONLY to bar purchases. All cruise cash is also a 'use it or lose it' thing too. I wouldn't purchase more than you think you will use. I haven't been able to figure out why anyone would purchase bar cruise cash or photo cruise cash since both are limited. It makes more sense to purchase just cruise cash since it doesn't have restrictions on what you can buy with it. It can also be applied to the gratuities if they aren't prepaid.

. I haven't been able to figure out why anyone would purchase bar cruise cash or photo cruise cash since both are limited..

Basically, I'll agree with you however,,, to answer a possibly WHY??/ Maybe Baptist grandma wants professional pics of little Grandson and/or Granddaughter all dressed up for elegant night. Cruise Photo gift is her way to ensure Mom and Dad don't drink that gift money.:evilsmile:

Cruise cash can be used for anything. Bar cruise cash can be applied ONLY to bar purchases. All cruise cash is also a 'use it or lose it' thing too. I wouldn't purchase more than you think you will use. I haven't been able to figure out why anyone would purchase bar cruise cash or photo cruise cash since both are limited. It makes more sense to purchase just cruise cash since it doesn't have restrictions on what you can buy with it. It can also be applied to the gratuities if they aren't prepaid.

So I could purchase $500 in cruise cash and also $200 in Cruise Bar cash? Or is it $500 total between all of them? Cruise isn't until September so kinda using it as a way to save extra $ for spending while onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Basically, I'll agree with you however,,, to answer a possibly WHY??/ Maybe Baptist grandma wants professional pics of little Grandson and/or Granddaughter all dressed up for elegant night. Cruise Photo gift is her way to ensure Mom and Dad don't drink that gift money.:evilsmile:

This response has made me laugh so hard. :'):') touche klfrodo

So I could purchase $500 in cruise cash and also $200 in Cruise Bar cash? Or is it $500 total between all of them? Cruise isn't until September so kinda using it as a way to save extra $ for spending while onboard.

It's $500 for each, so you could have $500 cruise cash, $500 cruise bar cash and even $500 in cruise photo cash if you want.

I personally have a budget for everything and since I generally budget $100 for onboard photos I could see myself possibly buying the cruise photo cash (and when I was responding to the previous poster I had the thought "why would anyone want $500 in photos" and then I remembered that the photo depart sells cameras and the like also, plus someone with a large family might want to buy the photos for his or her family members).

My method for saving is to purchase the discounted carnival gift cards through AARP and Allstate, then that money is set aside for my cruise, I have saved 10% overall on my spending and if I don't use all of them I can use it to put a deposit on my next cruise.

My method for saving is to purchase the discounted carnival gift cards through AARP and Allstate, then that money is set aside for my cruise, I have saved 10% overall on my spending and if I don't use all of them I can use it to put a deposit on my next cruise.

THIS. Don't bother with Cruise Cash, and instead buy gift cards at a discount and apply them at check in. Buy $100 cards for $90 or $500 cards for $450 (it's also a great way to save 10% off the price of your cruise... use them for your down payment and to pay off your balance).

THIS. Don't bother with Cruise Cash, and instead buy gift cards at a discount and apply them at check in. Buy $100 cards for $90 or $500 cards for $450 (it's also a great way to save 10% off the price of your cruise... use them for your down payment and to pay off your balance).

Does one need to be a customer/member of those outfits that sell the discounted cards (e.g. do you need to have an Allstate policy). I'll definitely be keeping my eye out for the offers if so.

I buy my gift cards at 10% off but then turn around and buy a couple hundred dollars of Cruise Cash with them so I don’t have to stand in the other line at check in as I set up a strictly cash account. Then if I need to add more I can use a kiosk or go to Guest Services.

Does one need to be a customer/member of those outfits that sell the discounted cards (e.g. do you need to have an Allstate policy). I'll definitely be keeping my eye out for the offers if so.

No you do not. I do not have an Allstate policy but had no problems signing up for their drivewise rewards which it where I earn the points to put towards the gift cards. Search around on here and there is an entire thread dedicated to the Allstate and AARP rewards programs.

With Allstate I do recommend that you do your sign up on the computer not through the app. I had a lot of problems getting signed up on the app but once I went to the website online had no problems at all.

I buy my gift cards at 10% off but then turn around and buy a couple hundred dollars of Cruise Cash with them so I don’t have to stand in the other line at check in as I set up a strictly cash account. Then if I need to add more I can use a kiosk or go to Guest Services.

I am considering doing this for our upcoming cruise as well. I have already pre-purchased cheers and pre paid our gratuities but we have signed up for the chefs table so I know how much I will need for that and since we are sailing out of Galveston we can't use cheers the first day so I know we will need some money on our S&S account for drinks our first day. I'm thinking $250 should cover those 2 things with probably a little left over.

^^ this :D