Cave tubing in Belize? Cave-tubing.com!!

kalliek82

I just returned from a cruise to Belize and I went cave tubing. We chose to go with cave-tubing.com. Yhony and his crew were excellent. We had a great time with them, they were knowledgeable and informative and very up front and honest. Their prices were great compared to the cruise lines; we paid $45 dollars/person compared to $93 through the cruise line. Yhony or one of the other tour guides meet you outside terminal 1, they were very easy to find. On the way to the caves, they explain exactly what you are going to be doing and what to expect. They even give you information on the history of Belize. They were a lively group and kept us laughing the whole trip. You go the same location that the cruise ship excursions go. We had the opportunity to go through 2 caves versus the one cave that the cruise ship excursions did. The funny part was we actually met up with the cruise ship group in the cave and we passed them as they were very disorganized and they had random people everywhere. Yhony does not allow solo-tubing and with good reason, we saw so many people who lost their tubes and were "stranded". Yhony rescued one and gave them his tube. After we were done tubing we had some time and we stopped by a restaurant and had a few beers. The Belikin beer was good. I highly recommend Yhony and cave-tubing.com. You guys are the best!! Thanks for everything Yhony, Timmy and Tigre. If I get the chance to come back to Belize I will look you guys up!! Good luck with everything and keep up the good work. Be on the look out for “The Troublemakers,” we will be back!!

We are taking the kids (8,11 and 14) on this tour for a New Year's cruise. What are your thoughts on the safety factor for bringing an 8 yr old. Also, what time did you get back to the pier?

It sounds like Yhonny and his crew are more conscientious than the cruise tours. However, I'm a bit nervous going on an independent tour with my kids in tow.

Your kids will be just fine and they are going to have a fantastic time. There were not any kids in my group, however with the way that Yhony and his crew took care of the 10 adults that were with me, I can imagine how they would be with kids. All of the tour guides have children of their own so they know what to expect and how to handle children. Cave tubing is safe, you have a life jacket and you link your tubes together to form a chain. To make you feel more secure, you may want your children to be the first link in the chain, this way they have a tour guide right in front of them holding on to their tube. I hope that this helps! Have a wonderful time, I know that I did!! We got back to the pier at about 2:15 so we had about an hour to shop at the port before the last tender to our cruise ship left. The trip itself including the ride to and from the caves, and a restaurant stop took about 4 hrs, give or take 30 minutes.

I would also second that cave-tubing.com is THE BEST we had a wonderful time !!!!

The walking is OK for normal people the walk through the beautiful jungle takes about 35-45 minutes at the end there is about a 10 minute walk to the bus. If you have a problem walking on uneven surface or for the time mentioned you should not book this tour, but everybody in normal condition will do just fine!!!:)

We went with Yhonny in September, they were the best. As far as being scared of booking with a local, I would do it again and would recommend them to everyone. We took and kids and some friends kids when we went and they ( the tour guides) helped keep a very close eye on them.

As far as the walk goes, I have knee problems and told them ahead of time. It was not bad at all. When I started to lag behind they stoped and talked about the forrest for a bit till I rested. It was really no problem, I could of walked it again!

We are taking the kids (8,11 and 14) on this tour for a New Year's cruise. What are your thoughts on the safety factor for bringing an 8 yr old. Also, what time did you get back to the pier?

It sounds like Yhonny and his crew are more conscientious than the cruise tours. However, I'm a bit nervous going on an independent tour with my kids in tow.

You will have nothing to worry about. My DD is 7 and my DS is 5 and I felt completely safe with Yhony! They sat on our laps in the tubes. I had a vest on and so did the children. Yhony is quick to be sure everyone stays linked up and if we are coming to a fast spot, he yells - hold on and butt's up! Like I said in another post, Yhony has 4 small children and he will care for your children like they are his. He is VERY careful with them!

Went with Cave-tubing.com a week ago and we had a blast! Junior was our guide and he was full of information and very helpful. I suggest taking any water shoes you have or teva's for your feet will need them in the water and out. We also stopped for lunch at Cheers and had a plate full of awesome food for $5 us. Sampled some local beer and the cashew wine. :) Would book with them again without even thinking about it.

Archived