Interesting - first time ever being contacted by a PVP "assigned" to me...

tea4ular

Most interesting, yesterday afternoon I received a call from a Carnival PVP who said he was "assigned" to me, and was there to help in any way possible.

I found it interesting since I've been sailing with Carnival since 1995, and have never one time received an unsolicited call from them.

I may call him back and see if I "like" him - in the past I've booked myself, and in the olden days used a travel agent. Since my husband is a quadriplegic we require a fully accessible cabin, and because we've had to book so far out for his needs he's pretty much given up on cruising (I now travel with my best friend). Maybe, just maybe, this PVP can help us navigate this issue.

That is how I was 'assigned' my PVP...I ignored the calls forever, finally called and transferred bookings I had made online to him so he would get sales credit. Since then, I HAVE had an issue that he was able to resolve satisfactorily. I wouldn't say he's the best, but certainly not the worst and better than calling regular reservations IF I have a problem.

I have been assigned a PVP from Carnival, NCL, and Holland America, but I prefer to book our cruises myself unless it's a requirement such as free cruises through the Players Club. I have used the Holland America PVP once and she was very helpful with an error in the booking.

This is funny because I've called twice asking to have a PVP assigned to me and they never call me back!

We want to take a family cruise in Jun 2019 but those dates aren't available yet on the ship we want so I want someone to keep an eye out and let me know when the sailings are available and help me get several cabins set up... they told me that someone from that department would call me back within a few days... twice! Nothing!

The second time the girl on the general booking line told me to just go ahead and book my cruise then they will assign someone! If I do that, I don't need a PVP! I need the PVP to help me book the cruise! Kind of frustrating!

But OP I am going to pray that your PVP can help you out so you and your husband can cruise together again! God bless you both!