Regular Coke With Lime

We are going on Harmony tomorrow, and what am I most looking forward to? Regular Coke with Lime from the Freestyle Coke Machines. OK, I'm looking forward to all of it. But I cannot get this anywhere else. Second, I'm looking forward to eating at Wonderland. It looks different. And looking forward to everything else, too. Hoping to get a photo with Gloria the Hippo, too! Excited!

We are going on Harmony tomorrow, and what am I most looking forward to? Regular Coke with Lime from the Freestyle Coke Machines. OK, I'm looking forward to all of it. But I cannot get this anywhere else. Second, I'm looking forward to eating at Wonderland. It looks different. And looking forward to everything else, too. Hoping to get a photo with Gloria the Hippo, too! Excited!

Coke and lime? No grocery stores where you live?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Diet Coke with Lime is my favorite soft drink, along with Canfields Diet Chocolate Fudge. Thankfully, both are still available in our supermarkets

Chocolate soda? "Yoo-hoo" is the gold standard. As is Fox's U-Bet Chocolate syrup for your traditional Brooklyn "egg cream."

And, for a change of pace, don't forget the Dr Brown's cream soda (also available in Diet).

Diet Coke with Lime is my favorite soft drink, along with Canfields Diet Chocolate Fudge. Thankfully, both are still available in our supermarkets

DC with Lime! Me too!! I swear that I invented it back in the early ‘70’s but Coca Cola doesn’t believe me..LOL. I have no problem getting it in the supermarket and it is delicious onboard the ship thru the Freestyle Coke dispenser.

Good stuff. My favorite is the Diet Chocolate Cherry Soda. Years ago, I had a frozen fudge recipe for it through Weight Watchers and it was like a fudgecicle. Haven't seen this in our stores in Georgia in a few years :(

DC with Lime! Me too!! I swear that I invented it back in the early ‘70’s but Coca Cola doesn’t believe me..LOL. I have no problem getting it in the supermarket and it is delicious onboard the ship thru the Freestyle Coke dispenser.

Coke and lime has been around long before the 1970s. It's called a Cuba Libra (just leave out the rum).

Labadee was fun, except the artisan market. Went ziplining, BBQ, listened to absolutely horrible local music (loved it!). But the guys at the market accost you; guaranteeing one cannot see anything to buy, or even feel safe. Came back aboard for a kummelwick at Park Cafe, checked gluten-free options at Jamie's, and now just hanging on the balcony enjoying the view of Haiti.

A refreshing suggestion: put ice in your glass -- as much or as little as you like. Pour in a splash of plain soda water and squeeze a bit of fresh lime juice into it then add Coca Cola. Cuts the sweetness a little. Very refreshing. I served this for years in my long ago bartending days.

Coke with lime is good, enjoy. What's not good is Coke with grape flavor added. When the Freestyle machines were new (on land) they were notorious for leaking the last customer's choice into yours. If you got Sprite and the last person had Coke with grape, your sprite was awful. I've never seen this on the 2nd generation machines on ship, so this is your useless fact of the day.

2nd useless fact, to meet Gloria the Hippo up close and personal, run a few laps on the track during a sea day. There was a show in the aquatheater in 2011 when I was weeks away from my first marathon and I was in the middle of a 10 mile run when Gloria came walking out of her dressing room at the back of the ship and proceeded to walk backwards on the track to the stairs up to the aquatheater. We became close friends that day.