NEED Feedback - ALASKA - VB 7140(AFT) or SY 8094(on the bend)

FlorenceItaly

We just arrived home from the Celebrity Infinity, Panama Canal, 15 nights, in a corner aft, and it greatly enhanced our cruise. In fact, while on the cruise I contacted my PCC and had her switch me from an inside cabin to a Verandah AFT cabin. I now see where there is a hump cabin available. For Alaska, which would be best? Thank you for any help you can give me. It has been many years since we have cruised on HAL.

ETA: This is for the Noordam.

Edited by FlorenceItaly

SY is a much larger stateroom with separate tub and shower-nice stateroom. We've been in NS hump on 7. Aft hump balcony is windy at sea but fine in port. Was nice looking forward to the bow. Heard the forward hump is less windy. My preference would be SY for the additional space.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Forums mobile app

• 9 months later...
I switched to SY8094. I think we will be very happy with the extra space. The cost to switch was very minimal when the extra OBC is taken into consideration. Frank, thanks again for your input.

Hi, FlorenceItaly: I am very excited to learn that by now you have enjoyed the room. My mom, hubby and I will be sharing that suite next April. It looks very nice, but I would love to hear your impression. Thanks!

Hi, FlorenceItaly: I am very excited to learn that by now you have enjoyed the room. My mom, hubby and I will be sharing that suite next April. It looks very nice, but I would love to hear your impression. Thanks!
Due to a price drop we ended up in a Neptune Suite just steps away from the Neptune Lounge. I am sorry I can't give feedback on the SY but if you get a chance to upgrade or upsell to a NS I highly recommend it. Keep your eye out on pricing!

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Forums mobile app

Due to a price drop we ended up in a Neptune Suite just steps away from the Neptune Lounge. I am sorry I can't give feedback on the SY but if you get a chance to upgrade or upsell to a NS I highly recommend it. Keep your eye out on pricing!

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Forums mobile app

Wow -- how wonderful that you ended up in a Neptune Suite close to the Neptune Lounge.