Ship time/Island time and excursions

2wheelin

Has anyone had problems with excursions scheduling on island time? We are arriving (scheduled) in Antigua at 9:00. I have a reservation (deposit paid) on a 9:00 excursion. Will I make it?

I have never had a problem in the past but have only done DIY excursions a few times. I was under the impression tour operators worked within the ship times but there may be ships there ahead of us too.

Most cruises I have been on keep ship time the same as the time at embarkation port. The one exception to this was our Alaskan cruise. On our 7 day cruise we change times 4 times. We gained an hour on the first and second day and then lost an hour on each of the last two days.

Independent tour operators tend work off of local time especially in ports with multiple ships. A great independent tour operator will know the local time schedule for your ship and advise you about the difference. As long as you are forthcoming about which ship you are on any reputable tour operator will work with you to match the best tour time to your ship's schedule. Simple emails between you and the operator can clear p and confusion easily.

3rd party tour clearinghouses (shoreex and others that cover multiple ports) will vary and you will need to read their FAQs to know exactly if their online system is converting their local time to the assumed ship's time for your cruise. One easy way to try to see this is if their system recommends including your ship as part of the filtering to try to see if the times change when you leave this info out.

The cruise operators know the island time and ship time, you will not miss any excursions or the ship. Since the private operators might be licensed to Princess. They all know each other, go to the same stops, and their only objective is for you to have a great time and get you back in plenty of time for your sailing.