Room service questions

scrapperv

That's what I thought too.

Yes, I was a little surprised by that myself.

But that 18% was added to just about everything. $75 10-drink cards that are actually $88-something, for example.

RCI sure is putting the squeeze on.

I guess Royal Caribbean is desperate for money and they had to add the 18% gratuity to the specialty restaurants and room service. Both had, until recently, the gratuity included in the price.

I don't usually order room service, but I darn sure won't do it now. I have my 5 night dining package purchased pre-additional gratuity charge for my January cruise.

For my future cruises, I think I won't book the specialty restaurants and suffer through the meals in the MDR. I believe that Royal Caribbean has just about had me reach the end of the rope with their extra charges. Perhaps if enough of us stop using the specialty restaurants, they will go back to the price having tips included.

I do realize that by doing so is kind of like cutting off my nose to spite my face, but Royal Caribbean will have to make room for us in the MDR. An Additional point, I have never taken my tips off because I dine in the specialty restaurants nightly (I get a specialty dinner from my TA as well as OBC that I use for a BOGO night.) I may have to consider dropping the gratuity amount for the dining staff as I will eat either breakfast or lunch and that's in the Windjammer. I believe that the crew in there are part of the extra charge and not part of the dining room service. If I am wrong about that, someone will correct me please. I would only consider doing so if I decide to again do the 5 night package.

It's not my fault that there were hurricanes etc and Royal Caribbean's executives may feel their huge bonuses are in jeopardy, so they've come up with ways to pay for their losses and unfortunately we are all paying for it over and over.