Room service questions

scrapperv

Hi all,

Thanks ahead for the help. With the room service on the Independence of the Seas, it says a $7.95 service charge is that per person, per room or per item? Can you order as many items that you want? Thanks :D

As I understand it, it is Per Order. You can order for 4 people, you only pay the one $7.95.

dp

Just got off the Independence TA. Dpoastman is 100% correct. With the surcharge starting at 11:30 am, any thing ordered off the breakfast menu is no charge. As a side note it was the first time I have ever seen the hallways completely clear of dishes or cups, seems like room service is becoming a thing of the past.. happy cruising

The Continental breakfast is free. Other breakfast items will incur a fee. They did not limit us on the quantity of food per order. The menu has been updated and much better. We had several cabins together and called in an order one evening. They only charged us the one fee.

Just got off the Independence TA. Dpoastman is 100% correct. With the surcharge starting at 11:30 am, any thing ordered off the breakfast menu is no charge. As a side note it was the first time I have ever seen the hallways completely clear of dishes or cups, seems like room service is becoming a thing of the past.. happy cruising

Hmm... I wonder if that (free unti 11:30am) was just for the TA. First time I've heard of it since surcharge was introduced. Last November on the Indy and this May on the Allure, only the continental breakfast was free.

Anybody know? :confused:

Also, thanks for bringing Indy back. I sail on her Saturday. :D

~ Judy

• 4 weeks later...

Hello All

I've not cruised RCCL in a year or so and have heard of this new room service fee. I've searched and have answered most questions, as I know now that a Cont., Breakfast is still free. However, if I wanted to order a salad, or C/Chip cookies or an order of french fries. . .there'll be a $7.95 charge for such an order? Sorry if I'm a bit slow on the uptick, but just wanted to try to get some info from you who have traveled RCCL since I have.

Thanks so much. . . .

Hmm... I wonder if that (free unti 11:30am) was just for the TA. First time I've heard of it since surcharge was introduced. Last November on the Indy and this May on the Allure, only the continental breakfast was free.

Anybody know? :confused:

Also, thanks for bringing Indy back. I sail on her Saturday. :D

~ Judy

This confused me as well. I've never heard of the service charge starting after 11:30. I've been on several cruises since the $7.95 fee was introduced and it's always been a 24 hour charge, unless of course you're in a full suite.

Hello All

I've not cruised RCCL in a year or so and have heard of this new room service fee. I've searched and have answered most questions, as I know now that a Cont., Breakfast is still free. However, if I wanted to order a salad, or C/Chip cookies or an order of french fries. . .there'll be a $7.95 charge for such an order? Sorry if I'm a bit slow on the uptick, but just wanted to try to get some info from you who have traveled RCCL since I have.

Thanks so much. . . .

Yes. If you order anything off the room service menu except continental breakfast, you will pay $7.95 per order.

People have reported faster service.

My only experience was full breakfast in a suite, and it came pretty fast.

My first cruise, in 2014, IIRC, there was a room service charge for after about 11 - 11:30 until 5 - 6AM. I don't remember if suites were exempt.

I have a question... Now since you have to pay for room service, will it arrive faster? on Allure it was always about an hour when it was free.

They might be an improvement as there are probably less room service requests now that there is a charge. But we shall see over time I guess. RCI might just cut back on staff and we'll be back with the same wait times :rolleyes:

dp

DH and I just discussed this yesterday morning. I keep hearing that the charge is waved for "suites". We are in a Junior Suite on Grandeur, so wondering if that is a benefit we will have. We've never been in a suite before, so any added bonuses are totally new to us.

DH and I just discussed this yesterday morning. I keep hearing that the charge is waved for "suites". We are in a Junior Suite on Grandeur, so wondering if that is a benefit we will have. We've never been in a suite before, so any added bonuses are totally new to us.

The room service fee is waived for Grand Suites and better. Junior Suites would have to pay.

I ordered a pretty big lunch for two from room service on Liberty last week, and the charge was $7.95 (plus that eternal extra 18%).

Wait time was supposed to be 35 minutes; food arrived in 45 minutes. Still fairly hot, though.

The cheeseburger was excellent, by the way. One of the best I've ever had.

Currently on Anthem and my friend ordered room service the other day AND they added the 18% grats. to the $7.95 room service fee. Guest Services said the additional 18% for grats. just started on this sailing.

Wonderful.