I caught the worst sore throat

csoud68

After reading this helpful thread I decided to play it safe and got those Vitamin C drink packets you pour in water and zinc lozenges. Will take them every day from now till my 12/3 sailing, and even during. It sucks to be sick on vacation and I hope they ward off the nasty germs.

After reading this helpful thread I decided to play it safe and got those Vitamin C drink packets you pour in water and zinc lozenges. Will take them every day from now till my 12/3 sailing, and even during. It sucks to be sick on vacation and I hope they ward off the nasty germs.

Be careful with the zinc lozenges. It's best to take them immediately when you get even the slightest feeling that you're catching a cold, but taking them too often (like when you aren't sick yet) can cause an upset stomach.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Be careful with the zinc lozenges. It's best to take them immediately when you get even the slightest feeling that you're catching a cold, but taking them too often (like when you aren't sick yet) can cause an upset stomach.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, it actually advises that on the back of the box too. Says not to take on an empty stomach to avoid upset. I've not felt any of that, but with just 18 count in the box, best to hold off and make them last till if & when I really need them.

We were on the Valor 11/13/17 sailing. I noticed several crew members had bad colds. My husband woke up in the middle of the night the last night of the cruise with a horrible sore throat and post nasal drip. He is in bed today with a horrible cold. I am starting to feel it in my throat tonight, so I am sure I will be miserable by morning. There goes our Thanksgiving plans. We have family members who are imuno-compromised so we dare not get anywhere near them.