How many dresses do you pack for 15 nights? Ext cords?

Javaluver

I usually only take two dresses and some mix and match separates.

I wouldnt take any extension cords. On our October Princess cruise, we saw many extensions cords in the naughty bin available for return to passengers at the end of the cruise.

Extension cords and power strips are allowed, but not surge protectors - see below from the Princess website

Electrical devices such as small fans, power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors, and extension cords without surge protectors are allowed onboard when used with proper caution. However, if such devices are determined to pose a hazard they will be removed and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.

I always bring two extension cords. Standard US two prong. None of the items I need to plug in are three prong, so the ground (the third prong) is not needed.

I have never had my extension cords confiscated. Even though they are without surge protectors. (If they are confiscated, no big deal -- I bought them at the 99 Cent store and have used them for many cruises already -- I have gotten my money's worth!)

What do you need extension cords for? So many things need to be charged every night! Cameras, camcorders, e-books, phones, I-Pads, I-Pods, external speakers, ... The extension cord makes it so much easier, especially if the only outlet is way back behind the TV.

I also bring a multi-port USB charger.

Boy, when I think of the old days, camping without any electronics whatsoever!! Nothing fancier than flashlights and extra batteries!

For 15 nights I would pack two formal gowns, three or four cocktail dresses and black trousers with a handful of dressy evening tops

I too take along a pair of dressy black trousers and an assortment of sparkly tops for formal night. However, for the gals above who mentioned that they don't like pants, you could also take a dressy black skirt and an assortment of sparkly tops. If your luggage space is limited due to airline restrictions, that would save you some space in your luggage. Just a suggestion, from EBC. :)