Caribbean Princess Panama Canal review

JOWgrandma

Did a Panama Canal cruise in Sept of this year on Oceania. The ship & food where wonderful. The itinerary was boring! Not much to see going through the Panama Canal. Took a tour in Cartagena, Columbia; surrounded by people pushing hats, sunglasses & cheap jewelry. Even banging on the tour bus windows! Did a short river cruise in Costa Rica to see crocodiles with Thumbs Up Tours. The river was so filthy, brown with all kinds of debris floating by. From couches, flip flops & many many plastic bottles! Stopped in Nicaragua, hot & humid, a few gift places, crummy restaurants, a beach. Not worth getting off the ship! Grand Cayman was cancelled due to weather. A one time thing with no desire to repeat that itinerary. Been on many cruises, from Hawaii, Alaska, Europe, the Baltics, Black Sea, Egypt to Istanbul. St. Petersburg, Russia & Istanbul, Turkey are our favorite ports!

Thanks so much for your review! We are on the same cruise, starting on Jan. 3rd, and are looking forward to it!

We, too, are looking forward to it!

We've been through the Canal 18 years ago on a Crystal ship, and the the Partial Transit during the inaugural year of Coral Princess. It becomes a very exciting journey if you read McCullough,s "The Path Between the Seas". And I'm interested in seeing the new locks as well.

As for Caribbean Princess, we had a wonderful voyage around Ireland and Scotland this past July, (a favorite, second only to the 17-day Adriatic and Mediterranean on Emerald Princess) and enjoyed 10 days in the Caribbean in early January.

We were on the Coral Princess last month and found an exceptionally well-stocked library. We shall be on the Caribbean Princess in January and are hoping for the same. What have others found on this ship?

We, too, are looking forward to it!

We've been through the Canal 18 years ago on a Crystal ship, and the the Partial Transit during the inaugural year of Coral Princess. It becomes a very exciting journey if you read McCullough,s "The Path Between the Seas". And I'm interested in seeing the new locks as well.

As for Caribbean Princess, we had a wonderful voyage around Ireland and Scotland this past July, (a favorite, second only to the 17-day Adriatic and Mediterranean on Emerald Princess) and enjoyed 10 days in the Caribbean in early January.

Excellent advice about reading McCullough's book! I am half way through (leaving on 1/20/18) and am thoroughly enjoying it, although I am not an avid reader! I have a new found appreciation of the canal and the significance of going through will be very special! Thanks again, Daffydilly!

Thanks for the review. We leave on Dec 10th for the same. Did you attend the book club meeting? I am somewhat reluctant to read the choices given but might if it seems worthwhile.

I’ll be on this cruise as well. How did you find out about the book group?

Thanks for the review. We leave on Dec 10th for the same. Did you attend the book club meeting? I am somewhat reluctant to read the choices given but might if it seems worthwhile.

I'm on your cruise! Yay! :cool:

JOWgrandma, great review! Thanks for the details on the shows. I do like seeing them so will need to try to get their a bit earlier for good seats.