Cruise Wear has arrived

Jane110

Recently, there have been a few posts from people looking for summer weight clothing for their upcoming cruises.

Just thought I'd let you know I have received two emails so far and saw one ad in the NY Times that the cruisewear collections have just begun arriving in the stores. So the manufacturer's have started to ship to the stores and deliveries will continue into January.

Happy shopping to all you warm weather cruisers!

......and Happy and Wonderful Holiday's to all!

Jane

Thanks for the info Jane, most appreciated, and happy shopping to you too!!

Was talking to a man last night at the party, his daughter is going to university in Australia and when she graduates in spring she is staying there to live and work, maybe me think of you with your upcoming trip.

How's the planning going.!!

We usually cruise in late January and I have never seen cruisewear start quite so early. I have seen a lot online already. I think it's great!!

I received a Talbot's catalog last week. They are showing knee-length shorts. They are longer than Bermuda shorts. What do you think about the length? Are they silly looking? We are going on the Serenade in January and I absolutely HATE the way I look in shorts -- and a bathing suit, but let's not go there! These look like they might be just the thing for me. Of course, they are not in the stores yet, so I have to order them from the catalog. When I lost weight, my upper legs got kind of "baggy" looking. I don't like looking at them, so I figure that no one else should be have to look at them, either!

--Judy

A02686l.jpg

Well, she looks dynamite...I love the shorts! I think I might have to check out the Talbot site. Thanks for the heads up.

I've been looking around here and there are *no* warm weather clothes to be found. Not even any shoes that are light colored, only blacks, browns, maroons, etc. I can't wait 'til some new stuff hits the shelves.

1. I have Pashmina shawls. Can I wear them over something long sleeve or are they only meant for sleeveless things. My two dressy outfits are long sleeved?

2. I cannot find my two lightweight jackets with hoods.They have disappeared. I read that we should have something like that. Would a long black angora sweater be ok or is the jacket in case it rains or something? What about leather?

Thanks

I had a 3rd ? but can't remember it!

We usually cruise in late January and I have never seen cruisewear start quite so early. I have seen a lot online already. I think it's great!!

I received a Talbot's catalog last week. They are showing knee-length shorts. They are longer than Bermuda shorts. What do you think about the length? Are they silly looking? We are going on the Serenade in January and I absolutely HATE the way I look in shorts -- and a bathing suit, but let's not go there! These look like they might be just the thing for me. Of course, they are not in the stores yet, so I have to order them from the catalog. When I lost weight, my upper legs got kind of "baggy" looking. I don't like looking at them, so I figure that no one else should be have to look at them, either!

--Judy

A02686l.jpg

I bought a pair of the long walking shorts last spring and was surprised how much wear I got out of them. You can really dress them up with heels and accessories moreso than regular shorts.

1. I have Pashmina shawls. Can I wear them over something long sleeve or are they only meant for sleeveless things. My two dressy outfits are long sleeved?

2. I cannot find my two lightweight jackets with hoods.They have disappeared. I read that we should have something like that. Would a long black angora sweater be ok or is the jacket in case it rains or something? What about leather?

Thanks

I had a 3rd ? but can't remember it!

You've lost me. You can wear a pashmina over anything but since they are cashmere, they aren't warm weather attire. Or are you asking about a shaw? In either case, both can be worn over anything.

What do you need a hooded jacket for? Formal wear? Beach cover up? Skiing? Are you looking for an all purpose casual coat?

Iwas just going to add-I was in Parisans looking for my daughter a nice blouse to go under a blazer she has because she has a job interview and I wanted her to look nice and professionial.

I came across a huge clearance area of summer items that were 80% off their marked down prices. This was capris, shorts, shrugs, blouses, skorts, pants, even a few blazers all in summer materials and perfect for caribbean cruises.

I live in Douglasville, Ga. This was at Arbor Palce Mall-on I 20 west (Chapel Hill Rd. exit) around 10 miles past the Six Flags exit. I just figured I would add this-if any of you live near me-you may want to check it out. Heck if you have a Parisans near you-they may be doing the same thing.

\

I received a Talbot's catalog last week. They are showing knee-length shorts. They are longer than Bermuda shorts. What do you think about the length? Are they silly looking?

They are THE new length for spring/summer. I kind of like them. I've always hated cropped pants and don't think they look well on anyone and shorts can be tough to wear for some.

I think that this new length looks new and fresh and many women will enjoy wearing them. I probably won't be wearing them....we'll see. I'll try some on in the spring. If they don't look well on me, then it's back to the rack!

However, if you don't think you'll look well in them, then forget it. Wear what you think you look best in. Not every trend is for everyone.

Jane

A02686l.jpg

I wish they would bring back coulottes (sp?) Now that I would like.

I don't think I'll look good in the bermudas but depends on the cut, I'm willing to try them on as Jane says, and if not, just won't buy.:)

Mrs. Moose I have seen the gauchos are in again. They are basially culottes that hit mid calve. I know back in highschool we would wear them with a matching vest and dressy boots.

Yesterday on QVC-they had a pair of Susan Graver ones-they sold out in just a few minutes.

I have a pair or two of skorts that are pretty much what we used to call culottes. Some skorts are culottes and some look like a skirt but have shorts made under them. I guess they just call all of them skorts now.

Do you remember the scooter skirts?

Those were basially a skort or culotte that barely covered your butt. I had a few pair of them back in the early 70's-heck back then I looked pretty good in them too.

I tried on a skort back in the summer in Macy's-it was really cute but just too short-reminded me of the scooter skirts and hot pants back in the early 70's. I did not buy it-figured I was a little long in the tooth for it. If it had came in a size zero I would have bought it for my daughter though-she would have looked cute in it-but the smallest size was a 4 -so too big for her.

Are we talking about a skort that is like a skirt in the front with the shorts look in the back?

I've seen those, I don't like that because you still have the "shorts" look in the back. And they all seem to be a bit to short.

The coulottes I'm talking about are about knee length usually, and look like a pleated skirt or they looked like an "A line" skirt with deep pleat in the middle also knee length. The coulottes I'm talking about the shorts were not "under" the skirt was the shorts just hidden really really well so no extra fabric on top and comfy too. They really looked like casual skirts.

I'm not a fan of gauchos personally . I personally think they look best with boots (not a summer shoe option for me at least) (like what you said you wore) and still mid length so I might as wear pedal pushers or pants. Momofmeg if you are in your 30's you may not remember the ones I'm talking about as you would have been a young teen when I last had a pair.

They were great, you could wear like a casual skirt and looked better and dressier than plain shorts. I never wore shorts, I hated them even as a kid.

They are THE new length for spring/summer. I kind of like them. I've always hated cropped pants and don't think they look well on anyone and shorts can be tough to wear for some.

I think that this new length looks new and fresh and many women will enjoy wearing them. I probably won't be wearing them....we'll see. I'll try some on in the spring. If they don't look well on me, then it's back to the rack!

However, if you don't think you'll look well in them, then forget it. Wear what you think you look best in. Not every trend is for everyone.

Jane

Jane, I wasn't sure what I thought of them either until I wore them the first time. I love them! They are such a great midpoint between pants and skirts. Death to capri pants!

Archived