You all think RCCL is best???

I'm glad to hear from everyone that RCI is a lot of fun.

We're getting ready for our first cruise to celebrate my wifes 40th.

I'm feeling better all the time for choosing the cruise over a resort.

Maybe next time we'll bring the kids, or not:)

Planning something like this is a little stressful, I'll need the rest.

We happen to be a family that prefers Carnival cruises. We enjoy the atmosphere on Carnival ships. (Well, the two we've been on, anyway.)

Our first experience with Royal Caribbean was not great, but we are going to give it another try.

There is a cruise line for everyone, and everyone has a favorite cruiseline.

I also think it is unfair of people to rate a cruise line as the best (or worst) without ever having tried another cruise line.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I agree with you. That is why I only compared RCCL and Carnival, as those are the only ones I have been on. Like I said, I have never had a bad cruise, and I enjoy both lines for different reasons. I just prefer RCCL. But I will travel on Carnival again. I like a little "Drag Queen" in a ships decor.

We have cruised on other lines, as you can see by our signature. RCL has hooked us in with their benefits: C&A, VISA card, shareholder bennies, book on board, and, guess what? . . . they also have a great product! On our upcoming Jan. 2 Brilliance cruise, we have saved $900 with the above deals.

Second best would be NCL. We loved their Freestyle Dining. If RCL had that, it would be the bomb! However, RCL has Chop's, Portifino's, (what's an extra $20 when you are on a cruise?) and Windjammer. So, with the bennie's, it's RCL for sure.

After the Brilliance, we're on the Grandeur repo to NOLA 11/06. Uh oh, that makes us Platinum C&A. RCL has us on another hook.

Part Two: Uno problema. NCL has the best deal in Hawaii, where we would like to book someday soon. How many of you have cruised all those sea days to/from Hawaii? We need some in put as to how RCL can do better than NCL on Hawaii? We love RCL, but who can convince us they can give us a better Hawaiian cruise than NCL, without all those sea days and Mexican and Canadian customs? We'd love to hear your comments.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

P.S. "GET OUT THERE!"

We have cruised on other lines, as you can see by our signature. RCL has hooked us in with their benefits: C&A, VISA card, shareholder bennies, book on board, and, guess what? . . . they also have a great product! On our upcoming Jan. 2 Brilliance cruise, we have saved $900 with the above deals.

I agree with you here. RCI has a nice past guest program. After 16 cruises with Carnival I told them adios since they could care less if you return to cruise with them again or not.

It was nice last week having priority boarding and debarkation. Walked off the ship Saturday morning at 7:00. Also booked a cruise for 06 while on board and received the $100.00 on board credit and the $100.00 balcony credit. Also other small things that add up and IMHO RCI is comparable with the other mass market lines price wise or at least that has been my case.

When we booked our first cruise in 2002, our TA recommended RCCL and the Voyager class for our first cruise. We did the southern Caribbean (Aruba route) on Adventure of the Seas and had the time of our lives.

When it came time to book our second cruise in 2004, we really considered trying Princess because they had a similar itinerary to the Circle the Caribbean on Brilliance of the Seas. But it just came down to the risk... we knew we loved RCCL so why mess with a good thing and take the chance that we wouldn't enjoy Princess as much?

Third cruise is booked on Mariner for the same reason... maybe one day we'll stray from RCCL to try something new, but for now, when vacation time is far and few between we aren't willing to take our chances with a line we've never used before.

So we stay loyal to RCCL and have no regrets about it!:)

Probably not near as scientific as it could be but-

I suspect that since this is an RCCL board, near 95% or so will think RCCL is the best.

I suspect if posted on the Princess board, near 95% or so will think Princess is the best......and so on.

Have you ever asked a die hard GM or Ford person what car is the best?? :D

In other words, if you target an audience that already has a certain leaning (or at least could) it's hard not to be able to expect what the answers may be. I'm guessing (with no factual data), that if folks tend to hang around for the most part on this cruise line board, they have a favorable leaning/experience to that line. But what the hey, anyway...we're having fun cruisin right!!! :)

Yes, I am a senior, not an ancient senior, but just past the Medicare age.. I am not a grumpy old senior, just a senior. I do not push my way to the head of lines, I do not expect the world to give me anything because of my age, I actually have been pushed around on the ships by many of the older people who are very rude and nasty. I have also been pushed around by the middle age people who are rude and nasty, the younger group that are rude and nasty and everyone else on board. It is not just the age of the people who walk around slow, demand service, cut the lines and etc. It is every age that I have seen do it and it can be annoying..

I just do not think it is OK to post that remark. My husband and I are very lucky to be able to continue to cruise. I will continue to cruise on any ship, any time and anyplace that I chose..

I promise not to turtle along, I will not complain about anything, I will not push my way through, I will not cut the buffet line or take too much time getting on or off the ship. Now can I cruise with the "younger" general public? :)

LOL...yep. Right on the money. Age is not a factor when it comes to rude people.;)

I also think it is unfair of people to rate a cruise line as the best (or worst) without ever having tried another cruise line.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Not unfair at all. Some of us have researched other lines to death, and know that they are not the line for us. I don't need to waste money on another line to confirm what I already know I don't like about them.

It is like discussing your favorite foods or even your favorite pair of shoes, most people stay with what they find comforting or comfortable with the most. I tried NCL, hated it , (especially the freestyle) so I will stay with RCI until I get bored. I think I prefer ships that are pretty, open and airy amd have lots to do. NCL did not compare on those levels. The spa pool on NCL was nice but a bit claustrophobic which is maybe why it was so empty. That was the thing I like the best about that ship, everything else was not up to what I prefer. The shows were ok, but lousy timing and with freestyle service is SLLLOOOOWWWWW, so we missed a number of the shows..

So like others said, we tried, we liked, and we stayed, isn't it like that with most other aspects of your life?

That isn't reserved for seniors only! Kids not in seat belts that are still alive are usually confined to wheelchairs for life. Same with teens & young adults. Over a week ago Celebrity Summits gangway slammed onto my toes, tearing ligaments & chipping but not breaking my toes. I used a chair a few times when I had ice wrapped to my foot.

I hope the young 60's used the stairs for excercize instead of the elevators.

My parents were on that cruise also(in there early 60's) and that was her only complaint too...said wheelchairs, walkers, she felt like she was in a nursing home not a cruise ship.

I didn't really get into what about that was offensive, but maybe that the normal age crowd is younger than this particular cruise!

I have only cruise Carnival and RCCL. In my opinion, I think RCCL is better. Ships are nicer and more to do. I have always had a good time on Carnival as well. Never had a bad cruise. Carnivals ships are a little over the top. I tend to think of Carnivals Ships as the "Drag Queens" of cruise ships. JMO.

Hey FitzLA...I love that analogy...and totally agree!

We have cruised on Carnival and Royal Caribbean only. But for the same reason, like RCCL much better. We feel that Carnival is too "Plastic" or "gawdy" in their decor. RCCL is much more refined and elegant. IMHO, RCCL provides much better service, quality, and rewards than Carnival. I admit, it's just a preference, but it is my preference.

I do not DISLIKE Carnival, and would consider using them again, if the situation fit. But As long as RCCL, continues to please me, I will use them.

Now, I do have the desire to try other lines, such as Princess, Cunard, and Celebrity, and those will come soon enough. But this has NOTHING to do with any level of disatisfaction with RCCL or Carnival! The reason I want to try them is so I will know which one is truly BEST for ME!!

The Best?! No, I am not sure it is the best...nor would I be qualified to answer that, having never been on another cruise line. But, there are plenty of things I don't care for, and every cruise has high and low points. I would think that some of the higher end lines are more what I would call "Best", but then that is because I have high expectations of what "best" would mean.

However, RCCL is the line I choose. The style, pace, offerings and approach appeal to what I am looking for in a cruise vacation at this point in my life. My family likes it, and I enjoy the facilities and services. It would be nice to try the poolside movies or dining anytime concepts found on other lines, but I would miss other things I am used to.

I think RCCL is the "best" cruiseline for what I am willing to spend, what I am looking for and what I am comfortable with...yes.

Yeh.. don't confuse me with the facts...

What facts? ;)

Like the fact that the Carnival ships are cheap and gaudy inside, and look like milk cartons on their sides outside? (not to mention the stick and peel looking lettering on them...)

Or that the Princess ships look like giant shopping carts with that stupid looking skywalker lounge jutting out of the back?

Or the fact that Celebrity ships look like square boxes with no pizzazz? Good service from what I hear, but the ship itself stops me. If it's ugly, I'm not interested.

Or the Fact that HAL carries an older crowd? Been on HAL, no need to go there again.

The Best?! No, I am not sure it is the best...nor would I be qualified to answer that, having never been on another cruise line. But, there are plenty of things I don't care for, and every cruise has high and low points. I would think that some of the higher end lines are more what I would call "Best", but then that is because I have high expectations of what "best" would mean.

I think RCCL is the "best" cruiseline for what I am willing to spend, what I am looking for and what I am comfortable with...yes.

Well said! That's how I feel about RCI. I also enjoy the Princess experience very much, but there's an intangible "specialness" to the RCI cruises we've been on that we haven't found on Princess.

Somebody we may hit Lotto and move up to Seabourne or Silversea, but for now, we're quite content with the RCI product.

What facts? ;)

Like the fact that the Carnival ships are cheap and gaudy inside, and look like milk cartons on their sides outside? (not to mention the stick and peel looking lettering on them...)

Or that the Princess ships look like giant shopping carts with that stupid looking skywalker lounge jutting out of the back?

Or the fact that Celebrity ships look like square boxes with no pizzazz? Good service from what I hear, but the ship itself stops me. If it's ugly, I'm not interested.

Or the Fact that HAL carries an older crowd? Been on HAL, no need to go there again.

Just to point out....these are not facts....these are your opinions. Completely different

That said, being one who has frequented both lines, I prefer RCI as it is a bit more upscale for me (please note that was an opinion, not fact), but I've had fun on both lines. Here is a quick summary of both lines from my opinion:

Carnival: I was single....fun, fun, fun, party ship!!! Food good to adequate

RCI: all while I've been married, more elogant and better atmosphere for wife and I. Food good to excellent

Princess: I'll let ya know in 2 weeks:)

Far from it. The food, general atmosphere, and service were poor enough that if I won a free cruise on them I'd pass on it. IT wouldn't be worth using the vacation time or paying teh taxes for.

Anne

Then why do you persist in posting on this board? Glutton for punishment? Striving to get your perspective heard by all?

Then why do you persist in posting on this board? Glutton for punishment? Striving to get your perspective heard by all?

Because very simply put, I want people to see the line through something other than the rose tinted glasses so many look at them through.

Isn't what this is all about--sharing information? It's pretty one sided if only those with glowing reports post...

Anne

I've cruised both RCI and Princess, and while I enjoyed both, I PREFER Royal Caribbean ships (so much more to do and see IMO). Since I am Platinum with them now, I don't think I'll change anytime soon - am cruising again in Feb (yippee!!!) and will be booking another during the cruise:D !

I have sailed more than 30 tinmes with 20 being on Royal Caribbean.

Is it the best, depends on what you want. In the mass market my wife and I love Royal caribbean best.

We found carnival too wild and do not fit in with the passengesr they attract.

Norwegian cruise Lines has only open sitting which we do not enjoy, we love to get to know our waiter and assistant waiter.

We found NCL management cheap or just stupid when they have to compensate for their admitted problems.

When we consider Celebrity, Princess and Holland America we are now moving into the Premium market. Celebrity is by far the best in this market as voted by the readers of Conde Nast'e Traveller.

Although when it comes to the mass market and Premium market we still enjoy Royal Craibbean found it fun, exiting, and the mix of passengers they attract are just right for our taste.

Just to point out....these are not facts....these are your opinions. Completely different

That said, being one who has frequented both lines, I prefer RCI as it is a bit more upscale for me (please note that was an opinion, not fact), but I've had fun on both lines. Here is a quick summary of both lines from my opinion:

Carnival: I was single....fun, fun, fun, party ship!!! Food good to adequate

RCI: all while I've been married, more elogant and better atmosphere for wife and I. Food good to excellent

Princess: I'll let ya know in 2 weeks:)

Ok, how about this then;

48308036-L.jpg

:D :D

Archived