O'Sheehan's Menu

kbset

osheehans is always the worst food and service on every NCL ship. its good at 2am when you are drunk, that's about it. and then you dont even get the full menu posted above at 2am (i think that ends at midnight).

I think the OP wanted to know if anyone had a menu. I don't think they are asking what you think of it. I like the food so by you saying it how you did like it is how everyone feels is completely incorrect. Service can be a bit slow sometimes but great burgers and warm apple pie a'la mode!

osheehans is always the worst food and service on every NCL ship. its good at 2am when you are drunk, that's about it. and then you dont even get the full menu posted above at 2am (i think that ends at midnight).

That is your opinion. My husband and I both like the food at O'Sheehans. His favorite mid-afternoon snack is fish n chips (French fries). I like their wings. We both enjoy breakfast omelette there

• 1 month later...

Burgers dry and grey...chicken sandwich not much better. Wings are decent, though I think some might have been pigeon as I've never seen chicken wings that size. Breakfast pretty unimpressive but less sloppy than the buffet. Bloody Marys were terrible...I'm 90% sure the Bloody mix was Campbells Tomato Soup. It's basically like airport food on the boat. I think maybe people from more rural areas enjoy this as it's similar to a Chili's? I can't figure it out, people really seem to love it.

Burgers dry and grey...chicken sandwich not much better. Wings are decent, though I think some might have been pigeon as I've never seen chicken wings that size. Breakfast pretty unimpressive but less sloppy than the buffet. Bloody Marys were terrible...I'm 90% sure the Bloody mix was Campbells Tomato Soup. It's basically like airport food on the boat. I think maybe people from more rural areas enjoy this as it's similar to a Chili's? I can't figure it out, people really seem to love it.

lol. I have far from a sophisticated palate and sometimes actually enjoy Chili's, but I agree with you that O'Sheehans is pretty damn bad. Worst nachos on the planet - almost inedible. Fish & Chips were very greasy. Burger resembled a hockey puck. I've had worse wings, but these are still in the bottom third. Service is slow as Christmas. I so want this place to be good, and the menu looks fantastic. But, I keep trying different items on different ships, and have yet to walk away satisfied.

I think maybe people from more rural areas enjoy this as it's similar to a Chili's? I can't figure it out, people really seem to love it.

Holy smokes...per the dictionary: condescension is "an attitude of patronizing superiority; disdain". Excellent demonstration of this in your post. Must be nice to have this feeling of superiority.

Holy smokes...per the dictionary: condescension is "an attitude of patronizing superiority; disdain". Excellent demonstration of this in your post. Must be nice to have this feeling of superiority.

Oh brother. If someone live in a rural area with little to no choices, i.e. Applebees as "pub fare" or Big Boys, it would stand to reason that this food would seem above average. It's not a knock on anyone.

My parents retired to a rural area after living in Chicago and it's a prefect example. The dining selection there is abysmal at best, and while my father whose taste buds are perpetually trapped in 1956 would consider a night out at O'Sheehans a black tie affair...most people would not (including my poor mother saddled with his palate).

Sorry we're so sensitive.

• Like 1

I'm a bit confused, because I live in a rural area, and we have to go to a city to find a Chili's or Applebees. Once you hit the city, there are plenty of better choices. I didn't know large chain restaurants exist in rural areas, other than an occasional fast food restaurant inside a truck stop.

Regardless, O'Sheehan's sucks in general. What bothers me the most is that it's touted as a place to go for late night "snacks", yet there aren't many snack options on the menu. I'd rather see more appetizer type choices. I don't want a sandwich for a snack. That's a meal. I want a snack for a snack.

Food is always subjective....but I don’t mind going there to snack. And this opinion is coming from a non-drinker.

I usually take my son there for burgers at lunch time to dodge the buffet.

On the first night we will do the prime rib there it is fast and done well.

Oh by the way I was born in Warren Mi. small world.

I agree. All this negativity when the original question was what is on the menu not how was the food. I have found that everyone makes mistakes and just because mine was bad doesn't mean it is always bad.

I'm a bit confused, because I live in a rural area, and we have to go to a city to find a Chili's or Applebees. Once you hit the city, there are plenty of better choices. I didn't know large chain restaurants exist in rural areas, other than an occasional fast food restaurant inside a truck stop.

Regardless, O'Sheehan's sucks in general. What bothers me the most is that it's touted as a place to go for late night "snacks", yet there aren't many snack options on the menu. I'd rather see more appetizer type choices. I don't want a sandwich for a snack. That's a meal. I want a snack for a snack.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

I wouldn't pay any attention to this comment. Just not true. Really is a good . Wings are super

I agree with the snack part there are not many snacks to be had late on any of the ships.

I was exaggerating with the Applebees, but I know the areas you speak of. I'm in them often traveling for work and it's similar to my parents home. I'll drive an hour out of my way over a good Yelp review vs eat in most roadside places...though often there are some gems. I guess my basic point is, maybe people that have no other options close to home are wowed by it. That doesn't mean everyone rural is some hick with no taste.

Taste is extremely subjective, the quality and prep of anything I've had in O'Sheenans on Getaway or Epic is my issue. I don't expect something that's going to shock my palate like some 4 star fine dining establishment. But for sandwiches and wings the same quality as the buffet food why would anyone want to wait? The breakfast there is literally the same quality you'd get at a Holiday Inn Express from their microwave chefs.

It's amazing how many food snobs are having an inability to read the question of the OP and answer it accordingly. I guess you are all in such need of validation to prove you have a superior sense of taste to us simpletons.....smh :rolleyes:

The breakfast there is literally the same quality you'd get at a Holiday Inn Express from their microwave chefs.

Exactly everything on the breakfast menu can be found on the buffet. O'Sheehan's breakfasts are for those people who don't care about a large selection, but would rather have their food brought to them and served to them.

Exactly everything on the breakfast menu can be found on the buffet. O'Sheehan's breakfasts are for those people who don't care about a large selection, but would rather have their food brought to them and served to them.

There were several other options at the buffet not available at O'Sheenans.

Eggs Bennedict

Bangers

Ethnic options

Pancakes

Waffles

Country Potatoes

Hard Boiled Eggs

Turkey Sausages

Probably half a dozen more that are blurred out from memory. So that's a pretty loose definition of exactly.

There were several other options at the buffet not available at O'Sheenans.

Eggs Bennedict

Bangers

Ethnic options

Pancakes

Waffles

Country Potatoes

Hard Boiled Eggs

Turkey Sausages

Probably half a dozen more that are blurred out from memory. So that's a pretty loose definition of exactly.

Right. I said that everything at O'Sheehan's can be found at the buffet. I certainly didn't say everything at the buffet can be found at O'Sheehan's. And yes, your list is a small fraction of the items that can be found at breakfast at the buffet. Like I said, O'Sheehan's is for those who don't care about a large selection but want to be served.

Got back from gem feb 13 2018...osheehans was exactly what i expected..pub food..and a good breakfast with no lines and no grabbing seemingly starved heavyweights pushing me out of the way. To each their own...those expecting a five star meal...stay on land and frequent those types of restaurants.:cool:

The fajitas are pretty good if you ask me. Not best I ever had, but I grabbed then several times for a bite. You can order them without the onions or peppers btw and I always asked for cheese.

The other thing I liked about the place was the fries were always hot. I meant to ask once if I could get the nachos but fries instead of chips, but I only remembered late at night and I wasn't going to get fancy then!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Got back from gem feb 13 2018...osheehans was exactly what i expected..pub food..and a good breakfast with no lines and no grabbing seemingly starved heavyweights pushing me out of the way. To each their own...those expecting a five star meal...stay on land and frequent those types of restaurants.:cool:

That's why I'd go for breakfast.

I actually like pub food so I'd go there for lunch/dinner/snack just for the food. I wish they still allowed takeout.