Internet Options about Escape

BeeeJay

I will be sailing on the Dec 9th Escape sailing and will have one email I need to send about midway thru the cruise. Currently I only see options as follows

100 minutes $75

250 minutes $125

Unlimited $209

I really don't want to buy a package at all, not so much because of the money, but more because I would like to fully "disconnect" except for the one 5 min session where i will need internet.

It has to be done on the day with the stop in Cayman, so I won't be able to use my Mexico/Canada cell coverage to accomplish this task. I am wondering if I would be able to log on paying a per minute rate while aboard the ship, without having to purchase a larger plan.

You could try wifi option while on Grand Caymen. Your phone will still operate on Wifi. Many restaurants and bars offer wifi. This will be free...Most wifi is secured so you need to ask for their password. Very easy...just did it last week on my cruise

Don't have access/latest info on the Escape ... but, just to give you an idea for comparison, the following was available on the Breakaway earlier this month.

On your smartphone, log into digitalseas.io to see & review the offered availability & options - some of these were not listed when logged into MyNCL dot com

PAYG was 59 cents a minute (cheaper than 99 cents)

Sampler for $12 for 25 MB. Small for $29 for 100 MB.

Medium was $59 for 300 MB and Large was $125 for 1000 MB. And, of course, the unlimited plan - upgrade from those with the FAS (Free At Seas) promo 250/1,000 GB plan was just $85 ... if done no later than 10 PM on Day 2, stated in writing ... and displayed when logged in before going online with the meter/clock running down.

f0da372c8f3f95a316cb98766f1f1dd9.jpg

04789cfcb11e701f663254b904b5b1ca.jpg

As others have mentioned, there are a bunch of fast food places with WIFI as well as the public library within walking distance of the port in Grand Cayman.

I tend to "disconnect" on the Escape as the internet is painfully slow. I only connect here and there while on land to post a few "brag" photos on social media to let my family know I'm still alive :)

Pat

As others have mentioned, there are a bunch of fast food places with WIFI as well as the public library within walking distance of the port in Grand Cayman.

I tend to "disconnect" on the Escape as the internet is painfully slow. I only connect here and there while on land to post a few "brag" photos on social media to let my family know I'm still alive :)

Pat

Yep,

Plan to post photos midway thru from Cozumel where my cell plan has free coverage.

Need to do one thing that must be from laptop in Cayman so will just pay the 99 cents per minute for a few minutes to take care of it. Thanks for the info all!

Just got off the Escape a few weeks ago.. As other's have said the Internet is painfully slow onboard this ship. NCL claims you can stream and VPN with their premium internet neither item works well and just doing basic item's like email took minutes compared to seconds if you were on land. I know this is satellite and it will have a delay, but it doesn't seem like NCL has upgraded this ship to technology that works correctly, cough VOOM which does work.