Carnival Cruise Line Refreshes Breakfast, Specialty Menus -- And Brings Back Baked Al

LauraS

• 4 weeks later...
Huh, we got baked Alaska -- and the parade of flaming baked Alaska through the dining room -- on the Vista back in October. Didn't know it was a New and Improved Thing, although none of us could remember seeing it on the dessert menu any time recently.

Now I feel kinda honored. :)

Was it on a formal night?

Anyone have information on if the Splendor has the new breakfast menu?

Are you kidding! The Splendor never gets anything until every other ship has it.

Third time going on Splendor next week. Not my choice. Did not do the booking. I'm company for a friend. But there is nothing new on the Splendor that I can find that wasn't there several years ago when I first sailed on it. Seems like the 'forgotten' ship.

I will be on the Splendor in a couple months. Looking forward to it! ;)I've already studied the old menus LOL so either way new or old menus I'm sure it will be a great cruise! :D Excited to read recent Splendor reviews.

Are you kidding! The Splendor never gets anything until every other ship has it.

Third time going on Splendor next week. Not my choice. Did not do the booking. I'm company for a friend. But there is nothing new on the Splendor that I can find that wasn't there several years ago when I first sailed on it. Seems like the 'forgotten' ship.

Edited by homesclcruisers
sad face

Just off Glory. The deli had a new menu way different from our 2017 Splendor cruise. Some of the sandwiches/paninis were pre-made, but some were not. They put the sandwiches/paninis in some sort of convection oven, and they came out very toasted (both sides) and good! I had a grilled cheese, meatball hero, tomato and mozzarella hero (really, really good!) My dd had a tuna sandwich on toast. If you do not like hot tuna salad (she didn't) ask them to put the tuna on after they toast the bread, not before! We are not fans of baked alaska, but it was served on the second elegant night.