New to St. Kitts - Suggestions??

kag19

We will be stopping at St. Kitts/Nevis for the first time in February 2018. Would appreciate some suggestions for excursions through Celebrity. As we have never been to the island we would like to do an excursion that gives a good overall view of the island and see the most we can in the time we have. Thank you in advance!!

We just did the RCCL excursion - Plantation, lunch and beach(Pinneys). Full day - over on water taxi, small bus tour several stops - Montpelier Plantation gorgeous and then beach time with chairs/umbrellas at Pinneys. Nice fresh grilled fish lunch. Walked up to Ritz and checked that out too! Great day

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 5 weeks later...
The open air safari bus seats around 20 people is say. It’s long benches, 4 people wide times 5 benches I think. We saw multiple safari busses in action and multiple sales people approached us so I don’t think it would be difficult to acquire one for your group. We spent approx 2 hours at the beach. Overall 4-5 hours.

Do you remember the prices of the safari tours bus when you were at the port?

This sounds very appealing! We have 16 people in our group. Is the bus large enough to hold that many people? How long was the tour? How much time did you spend on the beach?

Is this something teens 8, 14, 18 Years would like? I know it’s subjective, but would love your opinion.

I would like to suggest taking a private tour of the island. My husband and I used Leo's Tours and Taxi Service (christopherom95@gmail.com) and had an amazing 5 hr tour of the island. (It was supposed to be only 3 1/2 hrs but with his extensive knowledge base, we couldn't tear ourselves away). Leo is in his early fifties with a nice air-conditioned car and is a very good driver. Both of us are real nature lovers and he tailored the tour to our interests. (Showed us a huge old mahogany tree, lots of medicinal plants etc in addition to the usual attractions). All this for a very reasonable price.

Edited by lynncarol
spelling error

Did you enjoy it

It was ok. They take you to the batik shop which was a bit long for us as we weren’t in the market for purchasing any batik... and we didn’t like Carambola beach club, wasn’t our thing. But the beach was nice enough and the drive there is quite scenic. I guess you can’t really go wrong for 20 bucks considering drinks are included

I am with everyone that says use Thenford Grey’s services. Have used him in 2016 for one oh his offered tours on his website and in 2017 for a private tour. Wonderful both times. As we speak I am emailing him about my upcoming November cruise so I may go with him again.

In 2017 we were moved docks due to 5 ships being in port at the same time. Mr Grey did not know this, however between me calling and the other taxi drivers calling him it got straightened out. When Mr Gray got to the dock he came right over and apologized for the mix up (to both my group that was doing a private tour and his regular tour group). He took us to our driver for the day and through out the day we ran into him at a few stops and he came up to us to make sure everything was going good.

I will recommend and always use Mr. Gray when we are in St. Kitts!!! And I might add his prices for the regular tour or a private tour is not bad at all!!!

We used captain Tour today and it was lovely!! His name was Brian. They charged us $20. I’m so glad we didn’t book through carnival

Was it Captain Sunshine you used? I'm looking for a guide for my large group. I have a quote from one tour guide but he didn't discount the price for a large group and charging for something that I believe is free. Thank you .

Was it Captain Sunshine you used? I'm looking for a guide for my large group. I have a quote from one tour guide but he didn't discount the price for a large group and charging for something that I believe is free. Thank you .

Yes, we used captain sunshine and the driver was Brian. I really liked them and they charged us okay $20pp and we had a family of 6.

I liked the open safari bus because it allowed us to see the place in a whole vs being in a crowded closed in van.

He took his time with us and didn’t feel like a ordinary rushed tour.

Yes, we used captain sunshine and the driver was Brian. I really liked them and they charged us okay $20pp and we had a family of 6.

I liked the open safari bus because it allowed us to see the place in a whole vs being in a crowded closed in van.

He took his time with us and didn’t feel like a ordinary rushed tour.

Hi, I’m on Captain Sunshine’s web site and he charges $50.00 pp for a half island tour... do you think there is 2 Captain Sunshine?? Lol. I don’t see $20.00

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi, I’m on Captain Sunshine’s web site and he charges $50.00 pp for a half island tour... do you think there is 2 Captain Sunshine?? Lol. I don’t see $20.00

Hi,

We didn’t book in advance, we waited until we docked in st kitts. When you get off the ship and enter the port, there will be many excursions available with people walking around with signs of the map of the island, shouting out prices.

Some will offer $35, $25 and some will be $20. They all will offer almost the same route. We chose Captain Sunshine. So glad because he was really nice and it didn’t feel like he was rushing.

The same tour was on the cruise for more than double with other venders as well. So I’m assuming if you book directly in advance with captain sunshine the price may be higher as well, but less in person while at the port.

I’m not home yet, so i can’t remember all the areas. But it was 2.5 tour.. timothy Hill, place to see monkeys, , a few other places as well and he took us to get some jerk chicken and we walked back to the dock after that.

Not funny. I had a very legitimate question to the previous poster, which he answered. By the way, I viewed Captain Sunshine's website numerous of times which is another reason I asked my question.

Btw, captain tours could have been anyone since the poster accidentally left out the word "Sunshine".

Thank you Sweets2323 for your response.

Your welcome. Yes it was Captain Sunshine. Most venders are there at the port competing against other venders as well.

Brian was really good.

He has a saying Brian may not know it all but Brian knows best.

Such a nice guy.

Hi,

We didn’t book in advance, we waited until we docked in st kitts. When you get off the ship and enter the port, there will be many excursions available with people walking around with signs of the map of the island, shouting out prices.

Some will offer $35, $25 and some will be $20. They all will offer almost the same route. We chose Captain Sunshine. So glad because he was really nice and it didn’t feel like he was rushing.

The same tour was on the cruise for more than double with other venders as well. So I’m assuming if you book directly in advance with captain sunshine the price may be higher as well, but less in person while at the port.

I’m not home yet, so i can’t remember all the areas. But it was 2.5 tour.. timothy Hill, place to see monkeys, , a few other places as well and he took us to get some jerk chicken and we walked back to the dock after that.

Thanks, I will probably wait till on the pier... good idea..

****FYI*****

If you’re also stopping in st Maartin please prebook. Unless you want to do a taxi tour in a closed in van like what we did.

It’s different than St Kitts. Island is get regulated and taxi prices are set.

I’ll leave a review on the other forum.

***No need to pre book in St kitts if you don’t want too***

Edited by sweets2323

Hello Everyone.

For those paying $20pp, is that per hour or for the entire tour. We currently have a booking with Tatem's Taxi and Tours and our quote is $60pp for 4-5 hours. Is this tour a good option, all things considered?

We wouldn't mind just negotiating with a driver at the port but our traveling buddy is disabled and needs a mini van to climb in and out of. What are the odds of having a mini van readily available?

You should not have a problem getting into most vans/buses. It may be a problem if you are in a wheelchair. Most tour prices are negotiable. Many of the vans that they use will accommodate approx. 8-12 passengers. Tatem's Taxi and Tours website has a price of $240 for 1 to 4 pax and $60 for each additional pax. Most of the operators will go out of their way to make your tour a exceptional experience.

We got off the ship and walked a little ways and found Destiny (her booth will be on the right) who for 30 dollars a person drove us all around the island and gave us history. It would have been 20 dollars a person had we not wanted to go to the beach.

The best part of the trip was the stop at the Fort...absolutely amazing. I only wish we hadn't opted to go to the beach, because we would have liked to have stayed at the Fort Longer...amazing views and incredible history.

There were other stops as well. This island is AMAZING! And Destiny is incredibly friendly and accommodating