Which Ship for Canada New England Itinerary?

cidymom

Does anyone have a preference of which HAL ship for the Canada New England itinerary for mid-August? I believe the Maasdam, Veendam and the Rotterdam are all sailing this itinerary. I've never been on HAL so not sure if there is a preference of ships. I'm mainly concerned about ship problems due to the age of the ships. For those who have sailed HAL on this itinerary in August, are there a few tweens on board. My son is not wanting to go as there may not be any kids his age on HAL. Any comments? Thanks all for your input.

I would pick the Maasdam. Unlike the other two ships, the Maasdam still has an aft pool. Even if you don't plan to swim out there, having the pool also means there is a lovely deck on which to sit and watch the world go by.

I don't know how may lanai cabins were added to the Rotterdam, as compared to the other two ships, but I do know that the Maasdam has fewer lanai cabins than the Veendam. That means there are more loungers available to the general public on that ship than on the Veendam.

In August, since schools aren't universally back in session, I would expect to find some kids/teens on the ship. This is a great itinerary for teens, as they get a chance to see places that they have studied about in school.

We have sailed on all 3 ships and do like all 3 ships.

For your itinerary I would choose the Maasdam. She is a great ship and we have quite a few sailing days on her.

Don't know how late in August you are cruising as that will make a difference as to how many children will be on board. Many of our schools in PA start the third week of August while others start the 4th week.

Maasdam of the 3 ships you listed is the only one left with a real aft pool and a lovely deck to sit out on.

The Rotterdam should be out of dry dock -- some changes on her -- not certain what they.

MY choice -- sail on the Maasdam.

Maasdam of the 3 ships you listed is the only one left with a real aft pool and a lovely deck to sit out on.

Have to agree with RuthC and Krazy Kruizers. I've been on Maasdam and Veendam and I'd pick Maasdam in a second over the other two ships, primarily for the reason above. That wide open deck space really makes a difference.

I would plan to go a month later on the Zuiderdam which has a slightly different itinerary and a better chance for Fall colors.It also offers the Veranda categories. The big difference, besides leaving/arriving from New York City is having an overnight in charming Quebec City.