Website prices now reflect nonrefundable deposit

rdt10

Spent 15 minutes on the phone with a Celebrity rep trying to get a price decrease based upon the price shown on the website. Rep said price hadn't gone down but couldn't figure out why the website was lower. He finally determined that the website was showing the new nonrefundable deposit prices. You don't see the refundable/nonrefundable prices until you select a cabin. One more way Celebrity is making it harder to compare prices. Also when you select a cabin to see the real price it locks the cabin out of the system until you release it or it times out. Not an efficient way to manage inventory either.

Passing this along so others don't waste their time.

This must be only on some sailings?? as mine has not changed at all and I did not see anything about nonrefundable deposit on my booking for next November. Price the same and I even went through the motions of booking again to see if that came up anywhere and nope nothing.

I've seen reference to this in other threads too and thought maybe they were referring to something yet to be implemented. Interesting ....

I will add that I am booking from Canadian version of their site, maybe that is the difference and it doesn't happen for us yet. ???

This must be only on some sailings?? as mine has not changed at all and I did not see anything about nonrefundable deposit on my booking for next November. Price the same and I even went through the motions of booking again to see if that came up anywhere and nope nothing.

I've seen reference to this in other threads too and thought maybe they were referring to something yet to be implemented. Interesting ....

I will add that I am booking from Canadian version of their site, maybe that is the difference and it doesn't happen for us yet. ???

I am from Canada and don't see it either. Maybe the roll out is taking a bit longer....

Several TA websites are now listing up to 3 prices for the same sailing/cabin. You can get non refundable deposit (cheapest), refundable, (usually about $100 more) or the same cabin with "free perks" that can boost your fare up to $300. A headache if you get lured in and have to decipher all the conditions for each booking!

Several TA websites are now listing up to 3 prices for the same sailing/cabin. You can get non refundable deposit (cheapest), refundable, (usually about $100 more) or the same cabin with "free perks" that can boost your fare up to $300. A headache if you get lured in and have to decipher all the conditions for each booking!
I am glad they offer options and I never feel "lured" into anything. It is easy to switch between prices, offering the consumer the opportunity to find the best deal for their needs.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Just curious ...

I found one of those websites that separates out the different pricing structure and when clicking on the Non-Refundable description link, it appears that this is a promo that must be booked by May 2018 ... stating this non-refundable offer needs to be booked by May 2018. Is this non-refundable nonsense, where they state the pricing is cheaper, just a one and done promotion that expires in May? I know Princess recently had a promo like this but it must have just been for a limited period of time and wondering if that is what Celebrity is doing, too. The pricing really isn't very good right now but I am looking way out to a cruise in late 2019. For a 9 night cruise, the difference between the refundable and non-refundable is $300 .. and that doesn't include any cancellation or change fees imposed by a TA. It's not that I book and cancel a lot of cruises but if I can save $1000 by using a different TA, be it in the form of additional perks or a discounted rate, I am certainly going to cancel and rebook for the better deal. For this far out in the future, I am just going to wait and hopefully the prices will come back down to earth.

I thought the non refundable option didn’t start until May 2019 sailings which would explain why some are seeing it and some aren’t.

This is what is on the non-refundable deposit link under the TA I checked:

Cruise must be booked Nov. 28, 2017 – May 31, 2018 (the “Offer Period”). Offer applies to select 4-night and longer cruises that first open for sale between Oct. 17, 2017 and Dec. 12, 2017 and that depart May 1, 2019 - April 30, 2020. Offer excludes Galapagos, repositioning, transatlantic and transpacific cruises. Non-refundable deposit booking ("NRDB") cancelled prior to final payment due date will receive a future cruise credit in the amount of the deposit minus a $100 per person service fee ("FCC"). FCC is non-transferable and expires 12 months from issue date. $100 per person service fee applies to changes to NRDB ship or sail date. Deposits made toward Guarantees and Suites excluding Sky Suites and higher categories are non-refundable and are subject to NRD Booking Terms. Offer is not combinable with Book & Go Packages, Exciting Deals, Interline, senior, loyalty, resident, net, travel agent, and employee rates. No refunds or credits will be granted for unused options. Offer and prices are subject to availability and change without notice, capacity controlled, and not applicable to charters or contracted groups. Single occupancy bookings are eligible for the Offer. Changes to booking may result in removal of Offer.

Promotion ID: 1234341877

So, it does look as though it applies to cruises that sail starting in May 2019 as you mention, but was just wondering if it was a promotion (which it looks to be) and will go back to refundable deposits after a booking date of May 2018. I guess it is one of those crystal ball things ... I guess if it works, they will extend the non-refundable deposts and if it doesn't, they will move on to a different promotion. It just doesn't benefit me to book this early for a cruise when the prices are high and only one perk is being offered. Doesn't seem like a great promo for passengers ... more so better for the cruiseline.