Sea sickness question

Smokeeater2

1st time cruising with kids. We have Seas bands for them and Transdermal patches for behind ear for adults. Do you put them on before you start sailing or once you feel sick? Not sure if it’s going to affect us cause we’ve never been

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just curious. Anyone have experience with children getting seasick?

We have cruised many times with children. None were aware of "seasickness". Never was mentioned or addressed. None of the children ever experienced it.

Personally, I think if you bring it to their attention, discuss it, address it, you are opening their minds to it and increasing their chances of getting it.

BTW, they thought that some rough seas were pretty cool.

Just curious. Anyone have experience with children getting seasick?

We have cruised many times with children. None were aware of "seasickness". Never was mentioned or addressed. None of the children ever experienced it.

Personally, I think if you bring it to their attention, discuss it, address it, you are opening their minds to it and increasing their chances of getting it.

BTW, they thought that some rough seas were pretty cool.

Only experience I have with it - I was 6 months old when we returned to the US (on a troop ship) from Europe. My mother reports I was "sick as a dog" all day, every day, for the entire trip.

That being said, as an adult, I have no sea sickness (or other motion sickness) issues. In fact, our eastbound transatlantic cruise we hit the proverbial seas that the North Atlantic is known for, and I thought it was a hoot. Walking down the passageway and the deck would fall away from my feet (felt like weightlessness).