Has anyone used italytours.eu recently? Looking for recommendations

angelik

We just got back from our Western Mediterranean Cruise on the NCL Epic and booked several tours with Italy Tours and all were excellent.  They picked us up timely right at the cruise port and had no issues getting us back timely.  All of the drivers and guides were very friendly and knowledgeable.  It was also great being in small groups on the tours.  We did the following tours with them:

Best of Florence and Pisa

Pompeii, Sorrento, and Positano

Med Riviera

In addition to the above we also booked with their sister company (at their recommendation) with Barcelona Day Tours

Barcelona Shore Excursion

I would highly recommend!!!

Hi,

My name is Marilou and I used Italytours.er and I was "Extremely" pleased with the tours that I booked through Italytours.  the  people were prompt, knowledgeable, friendly, entertaining and accommodating.  I was driven around in a beautiful - clean - air conditioned SUV with 6 other people from my cruise line.  I'm very happy I booked through Italytours.

I will continue to boast about this company & staff.  This was one of my better decisions in life.

20190903_151559.jpg

20190903_151609.jpg

20190904_090547.jpg

20190904_093627.jpg

20190904_093821.jpg

20190904_102103.jpg

20190904_105437.jpg

20190904_111614.jpg

20190904_122806.jpg

20190904_133853.jpg

We just got back from a Mediterranean cruise.  We used Italy Tours for 2 stops on the cruise:  Rome and Naples.  In Rome we took their "Best of Rome" tour.  It was fantastic!  Our guide Alesandro was wonderful.  He did a great job of explaining things to us and answered all of our questions.  At the Vatican we had another great guide - Paolo.  Paolo was great at moving our group through the masses of people.  You could tell he knew exactly where to take us and he always took the time to explain what we were seeing.  Alesandro also did a great job of explaining exactly where he was dropping us off and where he would pick us back up.  Seeing all of the different sites in Rome in one day means that you can't spend a ton of time at any one place.  But Italy Tours did a great job of giving us a taste of everything and kept us right on time with no worries at all about making it back to our ship.

In Naples we took the "Pompeii, Sorrento and Positano" tour.  Ariana was our guide and she was fantastic as well.  She was so full of happy Italian energy and full of smiles.  She turned us over to Gino at Pompeii and Gino did a wonderful job of explaining so much about Pompeii and the history surrounding it.  Gino also did a great job of finding spots on the tour where we could be away from the crowds.  From there Ariana and our driver Luca took us to Sorrento where we enjoyed free time to shop and walk the beautiful streets.  Finally we ended the day with some stops overlooking Positano where we had photo opportunities for some of the most amazing coastal views you will ever see.  

I highly recommend using Italy Tours.  They do a great job of communicating throughout the booking and reservation process and they provide you with extremely detailed instructions so you are completely prepared when you arrive for your tour.  They picked us up right on time, brought us back to the port with plenty of time to spare and did a great job of making sure everyone enjoyed themselves and got to see everything that was on the itinerary.  Thank you so much to Italy Tours for 2 great stops on our vacation!

Corey Burnett

• Like 1

We used Italy Tours in September 2019 for tours in Marseilles and the Amalfi Coast. They were both excellent with the guides speaking very good English and they were very knowledgeable about the cities and towns we were visiting. The guides knew the history about the areas we were in going back decades and decades. We would recommend them to anyone visiting Europe.

Have just returned from our holidays. We were fortunate to find Italy Tours and all three of our tours booked were wonderful. Our drivers were very professional and accommodating to our needs. We experienced many new places and take with us great memories with the hope of re-visiting some of them. Our guide to Cinque Terre took all the guess work out of what tickets to buy for boat and train and had everything timed to allow us peace of mind. Our Monaco and Riviera guide was very well versed about the areas he took us. Marcello, our Rome driver along with our walking guide were both fabulous. Conversation and discovery were highlights of our day. Italy tours allowed us to make the most out of minimal shore time. We found them to be very easy to deal with and they were accommodating in helping to make sure those we connected with on cruise critic and made group excursion plans were all on same page. Christina and her team were amazing Thank You!

We used italytours.eu in September for a semi-private tour of Rome while on the Celebrity Constellation.  Our driver / guide was great.  He shared lots of information, showed us the sights, and delivered us back to the ship on time.  We had enough free time at each location to do what we wanted.  He always met us on time in the designated area.  He brought us to the Vatican where we had another tour guide take us through the Vatican museum, the Sistine Chapel and St Peters Basilica.  Wow!  Our Vatican tour guide was very knowledgeable and friendly.  I would definitely recommend using italytours.eu.

Hello everyone. Four of us booked a van for the Amalfi Coast Tour. Communication was clear and direct from the beginning. Our driver Mario was perfect. An excellent and safe driver which for those of you who have seen the Amalfi Coast will understand. One of our party has issues with heights but at no time did she feel nervous with Mario behind the wheel. We had plenty of stops in the towns and a nice lunch. Couldn't have been happier with our day. Highly recommended.

I booked three Italy tours on September 26 to Pisa/Florence, September 27 to Rome, and September 28 to the Amalfi coast. The drivers pick you up right outside the ship and their big Mercedes vans only take a maximum of 8 people. It was so much better than the big bus tours the cruise ship offers-so much more personal and no long waits for bathroom stops, etc. Prices are also more competitive and they can drive in places the big buses can’t. They guarantee you’ll make it back to the ship on time. I highly recommend them. 

We booked the "Pompeii, Sorrento and Amalfi Coast" tour and the driver was waiting for us by the cruise ship when we got off the ship.  There were 16 of us in one van.  The van was very comfortable with nice air conditioning and the driver was informative and he drove us around safely.  We had a guided tour of Pompeii, then 2 hrs free time in Sorrento, followed by a scenic drive along a small section of the Amalfi Coast.  We saw plenty during the day and the price is hard to beat, especially compared to what the ship charged.  Next time I go back to Italy, I would definitely book another tour with Italy Tours.

We returned from a cruise 09/20/2019 and used Italy tours.eu in 3 different places and they were fantastic in all three! The tours were in Taormina (Sicily)-Etna & Taormina, Naples-Pompeii, Sorrento, & the Amauri Coast, and in Florence, The Best of Florence & Pisa.  Our guides and drivers in all places went over and above to make each excursion wonderful. My husband and I highly recommend them, and if ever blessed to return to these areas, we will certainly call on them again!

We used Italytours during a just-ended cruise which included a stop in Catania, Sicily. The tour was of Mt. Etna with a long stop in Taormina and a chance to visit the Greek Theater, to eat and to shop.

We were fully satisfied with the professional service we had from Italytours in planning and executing this tour by providing a friendly and knowledgeable driver-guide and a clean and comfortable van.

We have no hesitation in recommending them to others.

I had a tour in Palermo, which covered Monreale, Cefalu, and ended with a short drive through Palermo before returning to the ship. It was an excellent, personalised tour and I thought I saw far more than on a ship's tour. Silvano, the driver was very good and ensured we (there were only 3 of us) returned to the ship on time. I would always use Italy Tours if they could offer a tour in a particular port.

My family and I booked a tour with ItalyTours and had a great time. Our driver Salvatore was amazing and very friendly and helpful. His driving skills are great, as he was able to get us in and out of every little place. Our tour guide Maria was very knowledgeable about Pompeii. She pointed out a lot of things that I didn't even know about and I studied a lot about Pompeii and this was our 2nd time there. I would definitely do another tour with ItalyTours and their prices are so much better than the cruise ship and they are definitely a great value for the cost. 

We recently returned from a cruise to Italy where we used Italy Tours.  Groups are small, and the drivers we had were wonderful. Once we reached our destinations we had excellent tour guides.  The vans were comfortable and very clean.  I was also impressed that our driver had water and umbrellas for all of us.  

I would not hesitate to book with Italytours.EU...you also can't beat the price. 

Edited by MamaDaley

All three of our tours were great. We enjoyed the drivers and all their great recommendations . also the other guess on the tour we’re fantastic. We finished our Best of Tuscany tour at the TENUTA TORCIANO WINERY what a fantastic place. Rome the only reason we got to see so much was due to Italy tours expertise! 

Pompeii, Sorrento & Positano tour we were blocked in Sorrento due to protests and our driver went above and beyond to get us around detour quickly and finish the tour on time. We had a great time! fantastic company.

We used Italy tours in Sicily. Sylvano drove 3 of us around Palermo in a van pointing out historical landmarks and points of interest. We went to Monreale where we were able to get out and go inside the beautiful cathedral. Our final visit was to the lovely town of Cefalu. We were able to eat lunch there and walk through the historic beautiful area.

thank you, Sylvano, for a great tour!

Mount Etna and Taormina:

October 3, 2019

We had an excellent tour with Italy Tours, our driver was Sebastiano. Pick-up and return were on time. The visit to Mt Etna was amazing and the volcano did manage to blow some steam and ash for us. Sebastiano had interesting information about Etna during the drive up and provided us with lots of free time on the mountain. The tour of Taormina was fascinating. After providing some over view information on the town Sebastiano provided us with lots of free time to explore the town. He went out of his way to pick up a couple of umbrellas from his wife to keep some of the clients out of the rain, very thoughtful.

Edited by PEIEmptyNesters

My wife and I recently came back from Europe. During our Mediterranean cruise on board the Emerald Princess, we joined some friends and booked two excursion tours with italytours.eu, at Messina Port (Sicily, Italy) and also at Naples port. We were extremely pleased with both our experiences. Our drivers/guides were very polite, professional and caring. They were present at the port on time, gave us a memorable tour of all interesting places of sightseeing and brought us back to the Ship, well ahead of scheduled time. We would be happy to consider booking with italytours.eu again and highly recommend them for tours in Italy.

Thank you, Chicco and Cristina, for a wonderful experience touring in Italy.

#Godfather and Taormina tour....#The classic Amalfi tour.     September, 2019

........Jimmy and Maggie Kothari

Tampa, Florida, USA

My Husband and I just returned from our Mediterranean cruise on the Brilliance of the Seas. We used Italy EU in three ports and I truly wish we had used them in all 5 ports. They were wonderful. We did the Florence/Pisa tour. Best of Rome and the Vatican and Pompeii Sorento and the Amalfi Coast.

The drivers picked us up in a nice air conditioned van literally right where we exited the ship. The drivers were so friendly in each port and we had 8 people in our group. I never felt at all nervous with the driving or that they would get us back to the ship on time. We had great guides in each city that took us through the Vatican for 3 hours which was stunning, Pompeii for two hours and loved it, and then the free time to shop was more than enough each tour.

They were so much nicer than the crowded mega bus tours we took with the cruiseline tours and the price was cheaper or very nearly the same for all of them. I would highly recommend this company and plan to do so. I have already told several friends at home that are planning trips next year. Please give them a try they will not disappoint you!!

Dolly Sherman

Atlanta, Ga, USA

Just got back from  week cruise on Brilliance of the Seas, we had a group of six traveling together. We used Italy Tours in four of our ports, Villafranche, Livorno, Civitavecchia and Salerno. They were great, drivers were always on time, and when we had a separate guide, the were very knowledgeable and professional. Would recommend Italy Tours to anyone traveling in this area. Will not hesitate to use them again when in the area. 

We used Italy Tours on our shore excursion in Rome on October 23, 2019. They were terrific! Email communication was quick and they were extremely detailed, which we appreciated. We were picked up promptly at the pier and our driver Laura was super friendly and fun. We visited the Trevi fountain, Spanish Steps, Colosseum, Vatican City, saw the Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter’s Basilica. We had a separate guide inside Vatican City and she was also wonderful. It was a very full day and we absolutely would not hesitate to use them again!

We used Italy Tours twice in October on our 24 night Holland America cruise - in Sicily to visit Mt. Etna and Taormina, and again in Naples for their Pompeii, Sorrento and Amalfi Coast tour. We found the booking process seamless, the guides to be prompt and professional and the tours to be excellent value for money. Highly recommend. 

We were on Viking Star, Mediterranean Odyssey cruise. We booked four tours with Italy tours, Monte Carlo, Florence/Pisa, Rome and Naples.

All the tour were well organized, and the guides did a wonderful job. We would use and recommend Italy Tours in the future.

5 !