Never sailed Norwegian and need advice for Alaskan cruise

I believe the OP didn't want to do excursions because of the medical needs of a family member specifically anxiety about bathroom use. I posted a couple of times with bathroom information so that they can expand their horizons a bit but would welcome any input you could give to them concerning those I did not mention I mentioned (train, tramway,lumberjack show Tongass museum) Thank you.

I would suggest pull ups frankly. I'm not one to suggest limits when there are possibilities. Having a discrete system in place- can work wonders, involving supplies, especially disposal, preparation. zip lock bags;grocery bags etc, wipes, gloves, extras.

Sorry you are wrong. ALL Alaska cruise ships sail the "Inside Passage:, you can NOT get to Juneau or Skagway without doing so.

Inside Vancouver Island in not done, BUT going north most of this transit is at night, and frankly, I see few people making much effort to enjoy it, on the Southbound which usually is dinner time.

Too often the "Inside Passage" is thought to be ONLY the narrow channel between the mainland and Vancouver Island.

That would be the wrong assumption.

That portion is just one segment of the Inside Passage - the Inside Passage extends well into Southeastern

Alaska which includes as noted Juneau Skagway also Ketchikan and Icy Straight Point ports.

There are other ports frequented by the other cruise lines and the Alaska Ferry service.

The Inside Passage should be referred to as a sheltered protected waterway away from the Pacific Ocean.

To get a better idea of the scope of the "Inside Passage" use this Google Map LINK: (and Zoom in on it for detail):

https://www.google.com/maps/@56.0060078,-131.4422494,2289477m/data=!3m1!1e3

In Ketchikan you can ride the public bus to Totem Bight State Park in 30-45 minutes. There are restrooms there. It is a beautiful park! And Potlatch Park right next door they have a carving shed where you can actually view totem poles being carved. We loved that whole day!