3rd party view of Mercury...

Danno

A friend, fellow sailor actually...just returned from 4 weeks away, part of which was spent on Mercury. These people are fussy, they know good from bad, have cruised numerous times, and several times on X.

The short story...

-best cruise to date

-best food to date

-best service to date

-while not like new, the ship is well maintained, they loved the size

-trying to book Century with us in Feb.

I concur with all of the above. Opinion based on our Mexican Riveria cruise from oct-nov 2005. More specifically:

- The ship is far from being a 'rust bucket'.

- The food quality has not deteriorated.

- Did not feel in any way that we were being 'nickel and dimed'

- By far the majority of the passengers complied with requested items (like smoking only in designated areas, dressing as appropriate for the day, etc.)

- No problem getting poolside seats as long as your goal was not to be in the sun from dawn to dusk.

- Shrimp a' plenty :D (had to throw that one in for grins)

- Booked another one (This time on Constellation)

I'm glad to hear good reviews on Mercury, my next cruise will be on her in April & I'm really looking forward to it. I've found that reports of the horrible condition of Celebrity's ships are over exaggurated. I kept hearing about what terrible shape Galaxy was in before my October cruise and once onboard thought she was beautiful.

Terri

I'm on in April, too and glad to hear it! I always take those reports with a grain of salt myself! :-)

You hear complaints about ships that are all of 8-10 years old and I just don't see it. Alot of times these are the medium to large size but not mega huge ships and people go on with unrealistic expectations.

Susie

A friend, fellow sailor actually...just returned from 4 weeks away, part of which was spent on Mercury. These people are fussy, they know good from bad, have cruised numerous times, and several times on X.

The short story...

-best cruise to date

-best food to date

-best service to date

-while not like new, the ship is well maintained, they loved the size

-trying to book Century with us in Feb.

Good to hear Danno. I was on the same cruise as tbelian and had a great time too on a lovely ship. I really like the size of Mercury and Galaxy also. They never felt crowded. It will be very interesting to see how they compare to Summit, but for now Mercury remains a favourite.

Phil

I'm glad to hear good reviews on Mercury, my next cruise will be on her in April & I'm really looking forward to it. I've found that reports of the horrible condition of Celebrity's ships are over exaggurated. I kept hearing about what terrible shape Galaxy was in before my October cruise and once onboard thought she was beautiful.

Terri

Hello there,

We'll be sailing on the Mercury in April 28th. Are you on this cruise from Sandiego?? Dorothy & Morty from Boynton Beach, FLicon7.gif

A weird thing is happening at Celebrity's booking site for Mercury. I was trying to add a B2B sailing for February 24th when all of a sudden nothing is available... for any sailing from January to April... I called last night and was told X was upgrading computer records?? and just now (8:45 am) ... the site might not be back up for several days because embarkation times were being changed???

My DW and I were aboard last February for the 11 night Mexican Riviera and found the ship to be in very good condition. The last time aboard before was in '01. Maybe someone here can tell me when the last time the Mercury had a refurbishment. We will be back aboard on February 13th for the Valentines day Mexican Riviera cruise in less than 2 months. Glad to hear that she is still in such good shape.

Rick

A weird thing is happening at Celebrity's booking site for Mercury. I was trying to add a B2B sailing for February 24th when all of a sudden nothing is available... for any sailing from January to April... I called last night and was told X was upgrading computer records?? and just now (8:45 am) ... the site might not be back up for several days because embarkation times were being changed???

Hi C 2 C !

I wonder if that is really the story. It seems odd that they would pull the entire schedule off the website for embarkation time changes. Last time I saw Celebrity do this, was when Century was suddenly redeployed to Europe. I am wondering if something else is up. I guess we will know in the next few days.

Hi C 2 C !

I wonder if that is really the story. It seems odd that they would pull the entire schedule off the website for embarkation time changes. Last time I saw Celebrity do this, was when Century was suddenly redeployed to Europe. I am wondering if something else is up. I guess we will know in the next few days.

Host Andy,

I am booked on the Mercury Feb 13th, and the schedule showed an 8PM departure. I was just called this afternoon by my TA to tell me that they had changed the time to 5PM, and wanted me to know about it because I make independent air arrangements from Scottsdale, AZ.

So Celebrity is making embarkation time changes. Don't know if this helps.

Rick

Hi kiddies!

Newbie here...

I was just on Mercury 11/21-12/2 and while she is beginning to show her age in some spots, she is wearing it well.

I'm wondering if the reason for the departure changes has anything to do with Century going in for a refit sometime early next year. (so I've heard) I also heard one of Merc's crew members mention she is scheduled for a major refit (to add more window cabins and balcony cabins) sometime early next year or in '07. '07 would be Merc's 10 year anniversary, so it would seem logical that's when they'd bring her in for a spruce up.

Just thought I'd share.:rolleyes:

Host Andy,

I am booked on the Mercury Feb 13th, and the schedule showed an 8PM departure. I was just called this afternoon by my TA to tell me that they had changed the time to 5PM, and wanted me to know about it because I make independent air arrangements from Scottsdale, AZ.

So Celebrity is making embarkation time changes. Don't know if this helps.

Rick

Hi Rick !

Glad to hear that's all it is. Surprised they would take all her sailings off the internet though. I still think that is odd. Good news though !

Archived