Alaska Pre-Paid Excursions?

NeurosurgeryNP

I cruised Alaska last year with my Mom and Sister and pre-reserved all of our excursions and we paid onboard with out shipboard account. I am going back this year to show the majesty to my husband as I couldn't leave him out. :). Anyways, went to reserve shore excursions and now there is a requirement to pay attention tome of reservation. Wondering if this is new or pertaining only to certain itineraries?

I can understand why they did that. Too many flaky people out there reserving early and never going. We are doing the Grand to Alaska in June and have prepaid all our excursions. If you decide not to go cancel before 72 hours and you are completely refunded and if you do go the trip has already been paid for with money you forgot about.

While I understand why this policy was instituted, one issue is that in longer cruises with prepaid gratuities, I end up with $250 in stockholder's OBC but that can only be assigned to my account shortly before a cruise, when many of the more popular excursions are already sold out. Anyone try to pay with cash early, then rebook with OBCs later? That work?

While I understand why this policy was instituted, one issue is that in longer cruises with prepaid gratuities, I end up with $250 in stockholder's OBC but that can only be assigned to my account shortly before a cruise, when many of the more popular excursions are already sold out. Anyone try to pay with cash early, then rebook with OBCs later? That work?

They are applying shareholder OBC much earlier than in the past. I sent my request in for our Feb 14 cruise in October and it was quickly processed.

I can understand why they did that. Too many flaky people out there reserving early and never going. We are doing the Grand to Alaska in June and have prepaid all our excursions. If you decide not to go cancel before 72 hours and you are completely refunded and if you do go the trip has already been paid for with money you forgot about.

I wonder if you can rebook onboard with the Excursion desk, changing payment from credit card (and get a refund) and applying OBC. I will have almost $1000 for each leg of our b2b in August. I don't want to miss out of the excursions that I want, but also can't figure out how I would use that much up otherwise. We have free drinks package, and gratuities are not that much for the three of us travelling.

You can apply for the shareholders credit up to six weeks before. I’ve done as early as sixteen weeks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

At the beginning of November we put our request in for all our cruises through 2018. The credit was applied to all, including the one in September (10 months out).

I wonder if you can rebook onboard with the Excursion desk, changing payment from credit card (and get a refund) and applying OBC. I will have almost $1000 for each leg of our b2b in August. I don't want to miss out of the excursions that I want, but also can't figure out how I would use that much up otherwise. We have free drinks package, and gratuities are not that much for the three of us travelling.

I thought of that, but I seem to recall that if you cancel a prebooked one on board, they will refund it as on board credit, not credit it back to your card. I guess they figured out that loophole too, and closed it.

I thought of that, but I seem to recall that if you cancel a prebooked one on board, they will refund it as on board credit, not credit it back to your card. I guess they figured out that loophole too, and closed it.

But wouldn't that be refundable ibc, and after the cruise they would mail you a check? I could handle the wait. Or actually, is travel agent OBC refundable usually? Maybe it doesn't really matter how I pay for the excursions if my left over obc gets refunded.

But wouldn't that be refundable ibc, and after the cruise they would mail you a check? I could handle the wait. Or actually, is travel agent OBC refundable usually? Maybe it doesn't really matter how I pay for the excursions if my left over obc gets refunded.
Not sure if it would be refundable or not. Heck, I just found out about the difference about a year and a half ago. I used to think it was all nonrefundable.