Live from Ruby Princess 12/9-12/16 Mexican Riviera

Steelers0854

Excellent report, I mean, reports, Steelers. I'm looking forward to our next cruise in April.

A couple of my own comments.

On our last two cruises--Grand Princess in September and Ruby Princess two weeks ago--I found forms for future cruise deposits in our cabin mailbox with our names already entered. All I had to do was sign it and drop it off in the slot at the future cruise office. No Smartphone needed. I thought that was terrific.

Personally, I've never understood all the raves for the pizza. I would always try it at least once per cruise, but I thought it was OK, not great. On our most recent cruise on the Ruby Princess, I can't say that I noticed any change. It was OK, not great, but it certainly wasn't bad. Different strokes.

We really had a very efficient disembarkation in San Pedro, last Saturday. We went to our disembarkation lounge about 45 minutes prior to our scheduled time. After a few minutes sitting there (I'd barely finished my pastry.), there was a ship-wide announcement that they were running about 30 minutes ahead of schedule. So, they were encouraging people to go to their assigned deparkation assembly area 30 minutes earlier. The new customs protocol seems to really speed things up. It's unfortunate that you had the exact opposite experience. Stuff happens.

Again, thank you for all your efforts on these reports.

(y)

Nice report. PAX FUD about the number of Customs Agents? Never trust hearsay. ;)

Question:

Did you do early debarkation and carry off your own luggage?

Do you like the Mexican Riviera or Caribbean cruise better?

DW didn’t want to carry our stuff off. We had a friend picking us up so we were one of the first groups off after the express walkoff.

I think we prefer the Caribbean better, more variety and I like the ports better. Plus IMO the beaches are nicer, and we aren’t even beach people.

But I would do the Riviera again no problem.

Steelers, we will be having someone pick us up too. What is a reasonable time to expect to be off ship?

Customs caused our delay. They only had 4 agents when we started disembarkation, otherwise if you carry off no reason you couldn’t be out at the curb by 7:45/8am.

Had a great week on the Ruby!

The whole pizzas we ordered from room service were better than the walk-up. I liked the 5 cheese...only ate in the MDR twice, and my meal was great both nights. (Fettuccine and steak)...French Onion Soup was the best! Loved the cold cuts/cheeses at the buffet as well.

Heard a few rumors of the passing of a passenger in Mazatlan, then during disembarkation, rumor was coroner was late to ship , so that's why the delay in customs. Who knows, all hearsay.

Had a great time, can't wait to do it again!

The latest we have manged is between 9.30 and 10. But ALWAYS out of the cabin by 8.

That's very helpful. On another cruiseline, we were able to stay on until about 10, I think. Sounds like we can plan to be off and thru customs around 10:30 or so.

• 6 months later...
LOL. I will have to see!! As a vegetarian I can appreciate vege burgers better then a non vegetarian. But somethings are just awful. Will be prepared. Thanks!!!!!

I had one in January and totally agree.....disgusting! I'm a vegetarian, but I refuse to eat tasteless, bland, colorless veggie burgers!