El Norte howls today!

smokinmike

Winds are 25 to 30 with gusts above. No small craft operations so no diving for me. The Park Royal has a fitness center, the bar has plenty of bourbon, and I have a stack of DVDs with an HDMI cable to go from my laptop to the room TV. Score!

. . . the ferries seem to be operating so there probably gonna be some real sick cruise ship passengers headed for PDC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A few ferries have been running today but the service has been cut way back - even TransCarib has cut back.

It's my fourth week here - I can afford to miss a dive or two. Feel bad for those who are here for a just a short while though.

Update - the port remains closed for small boat operations. Impact is fairly minimal since this a Sunday and not a big cruise ship day. Dive ops are the folks that feel it most - and me too since I won't be getting wet today. Ferries are running.

We took some of the sting out of the north wind last night by eating at Del Sur - empanadas, carpaccio, steaks, and a nice Mendoza Malbec to go with.

Winds are supposed to abate tomorrow so things should return to normal.

e793675654c93121281a211905bab08d.jpgThe hazard of lee shore when El Norte blows. This boat is hard aground off San Miguel. The port is still closed to small craft ops so no diving or snorkeling. I did spot ship ferries headed for PDC and the regular ferries are in operation. Maybe tomorrow the winds will drop.

Edited by smokinmike