Muster Drill Time NYC

CruisinJerseyMom

Don't worry. The Steakhouse nor any of the other speciality dining will accept a reservation that would be interrupted by the muster.

Another thing or 2 you may want to consider when making your reservation is about 20-30 minutes after leaving dock you will pass the Statute of Liberty, viewable from the Starboard side. Then 20 minutes after that you will be going under the Verrazano Narrows Bridge. 2 sights many wish to experience.

Another consideration is whether the ship sails on time, if you want to be on deck to sail out of NY Harbor (the greatest sailaway I've done). Of the nine times we've sailed from NY, the ship sailed late every time except one. Since we book early dining, there have been times when we've missed part of the harbor.

Muster drill time is really irrelevant... no restaurant will be open during muster drill. Muster drill is typically an hour before departure, but it may be earlier. The bigger concern is when actual departure is if you want to view the Statue of Liberty and the Verrazano Bridge. I was on the Vista repo last year. Original departure was set for 4pm, but later changed to 6pm (all Journeys cruises departures were pushed back to allow for extra time to load the extra supplies). I figured 7:30 would be late enough for steakhouse reservations and allow me to see sail away. Nope! We didn't depart until about 7:15 (muster drill was somewhere around 4:00-5:00ish). I missed sail away completely. If you want to see sail away, plan on making reservations at least 2-3 hours AFTER your scheduled departure

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Muster drill time is really irrelevant... no restaurant will be open during muster drill. Muster drill is typically an hour before departure, but it may be earlier. The bigger concern is when actual departure is if you want to view the Statue of Liberty and the Verrazano Bridge. I was on the Vista repo last year. Original departure was set for 4pm, but later changed to 6pm (all Journeys cruises departures were pushed back to allow for extra time to load the extra supplies). I figured 7:30 would be late enough for steakhouse reservations and allow me to see sail away. Nope! We didn't depart until about 7:15 (muster drill was somewhere around 4:00-5:00ish). I missed sail away completely. If you want to see sail away, plan on making reservations at least 2-3 hours AFTER your scheduled departure

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

New York offers the best sail away views of any cruise we have been on, to good to miss even for the steakhouse

Sent from my iPad using Forums