balcony size in an RS....

2NHcruisers

It appears the balcony in a RS on edge is 72 sq ft..., room is 687 sq ft

On millenium ships balcony is 195 sq ft, room is 538 sq ft

on solstice balcony is 158 sq ft, room is 590 sq ft

I dont understand what the designers are thinking... ok RS is a bigger room on edge, but oh boy 72 sq ft.. not acceptable.. no loungers on there... probably not room for a breakfast table and chairs..

all edge sky suites have larger balconies than an edge RS.. (S1=163, S2=79, S3=102).. granted they have smaller rooms than an RS... even an SV has a larger veranda.....

We love our balconies and sea days... seems edge is not going to be for us..

Whats worse is we heard in an edge talk today that celeb may change the configurations of all the rooms on the millenium and solstice class to match edge.. I sure hope not, we love that fact millies and solstice have decent balconies...

I noticed the size differences between the Royals on Edge and S-class too.

During the Edge talk were they discussing changing the existing verandas on the M-class and S-class ships, or just reconfiguring the cabins?

I'm pretty sure X said they had to change the way the hull of the Edge was built to accommodate all the cabins with the Infinity windows. I can understand the company’s desire to reconfigure the cabins on the older ships which are pretty dated, but I think that X would leave the verandahs alone.

The presenter started off saying they were updating all the cabins, getting updated linens, new floors, new ceilings, new walls (his words)..... and then mentioned making them like edge with the infinite verandas...

I figure with 9 ships in the fleet to update, and an allocation of $400M for ship upgrades, that means they cant do all that was mentioned....

I could see trying to get murano onto the millenium class, and updating the cabins; updating to me would not mean new ceilings and walls, but new flooring/rugs where needed; Replace the moldings which have been badly beaten up, etc...

On summit in RS the mods post refurb didnt seem well thought out.. In fact they were rather lacking and unimaginative... A slight change when you walk in, and a new tub in the bathroom.. I would have added a bar sink, a bar fridge (or at least a wine fridge like on solstice), and replaced the "fridge" hiding in the closet (with poor to no ventilation) with a more substantial fridge that can hold more tonics, mixers, etc.. Replaced the whirlpool tub with a real hot tub..

So while the talk didnt directly mention cabin reconfiguration, I dont see they can really afford do a large cabin reconfiguration, nor balcony reconfiguration.... We sure hope they dont touch the balconies..

I noticed the size differences between the Royals on Edge and S-class too.

During the Edge talk were they discussing changing the existing verandas on the M-class and S-class ships, or just reconfiguring the cabins?