How likely drop price cabin catagories?

shipsealand

I just checked and for the Avalon July sailing all of the Royal cabins and 2/3 of the Sapphire are available. All the Indigo cabins have been sold. How likely and when does Avalon drop the price of the upper level cabins? DW & I have gotten an Indigo but would like a Sapphire for the right price. I have checked their website occasionally but will I be notified if there is a price drop? I did booking thru travel agent.

We have done many ocean cruising and the price difference between the categories are in the hundreds and we usually book balcony. But for river cruising the differences are in the thousands.

Keep checking. They don't always announce sales, but I kept a close eye on our cruise and when I saw the price drop, I made sure to put down an additional deposit. That way, when the price increased again, my invoice has the lower charge. I'm not sure about switching up to another level, as you would probably have to cancel the first booking (and lose your deposit you placed on it?) and then put a new deposit on the new level. We chose a certain room we wanted (level, lay out etc), so I put my deposit down the day they came up online. I never say any of the higher end cabins go down enough to warrant loosing one deposit and making another...but I did manager to get some good discounts.

Our late August through early September Uniworld cruise is only showing one category of cabins left. I’d say the chances of a price drop is nada.

My best friend told me today that he had delayed making a September booking and now they are booked up for the cruise he wants until October.

Waiting for cheaper can get you free! You don’t worry about spending money because everything books up while you’re waiting for the deal. Good Luck!