Black tie

lokinvar

Just wondering, I don’t understand why being booked into the Verandah have anything to do with what you wear? Is there a different dress code depending on the stateroom you booked?

Also, can I wear this or must it be a black tuxedo?

F033B6C1-8978-4D1A-9684-300119A667AE_zpsq9baqhqh.jpeg

PS you pay extra to dine in The Verandah and it sure is worth it.

Just wondering, I don’t understand why being booked into the Verandah have anything to do with what you wear? Is there a different dress code depending on the stateroom you booked?

You could wear a tux like that, but you might get mistaken for one of the "Jersey Boys". On Cunard dress code is across the entire ship. Seeing you on other cruise line blogs, you probably know Cunard is much more formal than the others. Each line has it's "shtick". For Cunard it is following a more formal style of dress & the joys & traditions of Ocean liner travel.

You most certainly can, and I wish more gentlemen would opt for something like this in addition to the regular full piece Black Tux. I have dozens of evening jackets very much like this in an assortment of colours. Worn with a slim cut leg trouser , white shirt & black bow tie, you'll certainly look and feel a million dollars, and not forgetting very fashionable.

Far better than some guys who still insist on wearing those loud coloured Bow ties with a matching waistcoat/Vest( I'm thinking here Stars & Stripes/Union Jack ) or worst still, black shirts with a white Bow;).

Did he report how he felt as the odd man out?

Maybe a man might think he was the only gentleman celebrating his diamond wedding anniversary on a particular evening and understand the situation that the others probably are not.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

I see no problem with wearing a bright coloured tuxedo per se, however a red one is probably best avoided due to staff uniform colours. Other colours might work better than red.

Regards John

Sometimes I'll be travelling and will be at a black tie event one night, and a less formal dinner either the night before or after. If I'm trying to save room in the suitcase I will wear my tux with a bowtie and studs one night, and my tux with a regular tie the other night. It just looks like I'm wearing a black suit.

The reverse also works. Whenever I see someone bitching on this site that they need to buy a tux for the QM2, I post that they should go online, buy a $99 black suit and wear it with a bowtie on formal night and a regular tie on other nights. No one will notice. And then they will have a suit to wear for weddings, funerals or just for fun.

You most certainly can, and I wish more gentlemen would opt for something like this in addition to the regular full piece Black Tux. I have dozens of evening jackets very much like this in an assortment of colours. Worn with a slim cut leg trouser , white shirt & black bow tie, you'll certainly look and feel a million dollars, and not forgetting very fashionable.

Far better than some guys who still insist on wearing those loud coloured Bow ties with a matching waistcoat/Vest( I'm thinking here Stars & Stripes/Union Jack ) or worst still, black shirts with a white Bow;).

My black tux coat has a satin purple inner lining. Too bad they don't do a "Night of the undead" ball. It would fit in.