Christmas surprise - we told the kids!

TwinMamainMN

They had no idea, and although we don't sail until August they are very excited and full of questions. I printed several photos I found online and made a little booklet of sorts that explains the dates, has a map of the route, our excursions on port days, etc. I think it helped the kids get excited for the trip, but also helped answer some logistical questions. They are already enjoying the deck plans and DD needed to see a photo of our stateroom when she asked if she will be able to sleep on the ship. :')

One question about the muster drill: do they sound alarms or flash lights to announce it's time to "muster up?" Youngest DS does not like fire drills at school due to the noise and lights. I don't remember what they did on our last cruise.

They had no idea, and although we don't sail until August they are very excited and full of questions. I printed several photos I found online and made a little booklet of sorts that explains the dates, has a map of the route, our excursions on port days, etc. I think it helped the kids get excited for the trip, but also helped answer some logistical questions. They are already enjoying the deck plans and DD needed to see a photo of our stateroom when she asked if she will be able to sleep on the ship. :')

One question about the muster drill: do they sound alarms or flash lights to announce it's time to "muster up?" Youngest DS does not like fire drills at school due to the noise and lights. I don't remember what they did on our last cruise.

The ships horn will sound for the muster drill. It will be seven short blasts on the ships horn followed by one long one. They come on the pA system and announce what to do. For the kids [eace of mind, take the life jackets(if required) and go to your muster station about 15 minutes early to beat the rush.

I have not sailed Royal Caribbean, but on the lines that I have sailed, there is a safety video playing on the cabin TV which explains the drill. If you stay in your cabin until time for the drill, they will sound the horn and it will be loud in the cabin. But if you leave the cabin and head for your muster station when they announce that the drill will start in X number minutes, the signal will not seem so loud - and if it is held inside you might get a seat...EM

I have not sailed Royal Caribbean, but on the lines that I have sailed, there is a safety video playing on the cabin TV which explains the drill. If you stay in your cabin until time for the drill, they will sound the horn and it will be loud in the cabin. But if you leave the cabin and head for your muster station when they announce that the drill will start in X number minutes, the signal will not seem so loud - and if it is held inside you might get a seat...EM

Perfect. That helps a lot! Since we are travelling with Nana and our daughter who uses a wheelchair for long distance walking, we will try to head there early.