Cash needed? Going to Boatyard

love2travel2146

About $5 per person+tip for the taxi there (or you could walk it in about 15-20 min). Admission to the Boatyard was $20 each - check the web site posted above - that includes chair/umbrella rental, used of the water toys, one free drink (try the shark bite! :cool: ), a trip to swim with the turtles, and a taxi back to the port. You'll need some $$ for additional drinks/food and any tips. They also have a small shop if you want t-shirts and other tourist stuff. Enjoy! :)

I think taxi would be cash. We have walked to that area numerous times . You don't have to go to the boatyard if you don't want the amenities. You can walk to the same beach area and there are other places to get food or catch a boat to go out to the turtles.

I think taxi would be cash. We have walked to that area numerous times . You don't have to go to the boatyard if you don't want the amenities. You can walk to the same beach area and there are other places to get food or catch a boat to go out to the turtles.

Thanks. We want the ammenities- two teenage boys who want action! ;p

I would plan on paying cash -- for a family of 4 it works out to $20+tip for the cab ride, $80 for admission/chair rentals, additional cash for extra drinks, food, souvenirs, etc. and tips for the bartenders, etc. plus the driver who brings you back to the port.

I’m pretty sure you’ll need cash for the taxis but the Boatyard accepts either.

Depending on your CC and bank you may incur a foreign transaction fee and bank charge adding three (3) or more percent to your CC charge.

Credit cards are sure handy but I think I’d just stick to US$ for these two expenses.

About $5 per person+tip for the taxi there (or you could walk it in about 15-20 min). Admission to the Boatyard was $20 each - check the web site posted above - that includes chair/umbrella rental, used of the water toys, one free drink (try the shark bite! :cool: ), a trip to swim with the turtles, and a taxi back to the port. You'll need some $$ for additional drinks/food and any tips. They also have a small shop if you want t-shirts and other tourist stuff. Enjoy! :)

All that US$20 PP, including Turtles Swiim for real?....I have booked Fascination for March and this sound so incredible.

Check their web site for details. We did it for $16 per person a couple of years ago, but the boat trip to the turtles was not included (paid $20 to a beach vendor to snorkel a ship wreck and swim with the turtles and a glass of rum punch that was more rum than punch :) )

I do not recall the Boatyard asking for a photo ID - but then it has been a LONG time since anyone thought I was not old enough to order booze ;)

You might need a photo ID with your ship pass card to get back into the port? :confused: If so, I would bring my drivers license, not my passport.