Anyone Tour with Ellis

shannonRRT

I'm not sure what trips you have planned with him, but he has a social media page that he posts on with updates.

Here's the latest:

Posted Nov 29

NEW UPDATE ON EL YUNQUE

I spoke to my neighbor again today and she told me they decided to wait until the trails open before letting tours in. She said it looks like April although more clean up teams are still arriving so there is always the possibility it could be sooner. She is with the administration so information is usually reliable. I will have Charco Azul/Guavate tour available. Plus the Mango Daiquiri tour which includes this.

Posted Nov 29

I OFFER THREE DIFFERENT RAIN FOREST TOURS. Puerto Rico has 28,000 acres of rain forest with many places to choose from. The following are the ones that I offer with some links.

POST MARIA descriptions

I'VE BEEN BACK here three times since Maria the first it was completely impassable. There was a little progress the second time today November 26 I was able to get across two of the four bridges and about halfway to the pool I saw much evidence of ongoing work so I can only speculate that this will be completley open within the next couple of months. The vegetation is fighting its way but obviously that will take time. I'm hoping we will soon get to the pool and enjoy its beauty once again.

I've been back to Guavate five times since Maria and they are doing great all the ambiance is there and the pig is still the best in the world. So the descriptions below are altered but still worth seeing.

1. Charco Azul (blue pool)/Guavate (the pork highway). This is my favorite and in my opinion the best as it offers something for everyone. If you are interested in a beautiful not to strenous walk through a rain forest this is it. Its all indigenous flora of Puerto Rico except for the bamboo which is everywhere after crossing four bridges you will get to Charco Azul where you can swim or just enjoy the beauty. From there we will go to the world famous Guavate where you can partake of the best roast pig in the world, we will go to Andrew Zimmer's favorite you'll even see his picture on the wall. This is a tour of the real Puerto Rico that most tourist never get to see. The cost is $ 50 pp. minimum $150. (food not included)

CURRENTLY THIS IS NOT AVAILABLE BUT I AM HOPING THIS WILL CHANGE SOON.

2. Charco Frio (cold pool). This is located in the rain forest on the back side of El Yunque and its definately one of the most if not the most beautiful pool on the island, you can swim jump from a rope swing or just enjoy. Its a more strenuous hike about 20 minutes with a climb down some rocks to get to the pool. On the way in we stop at the Basillo house where you can change and use the facilities. From there we will take the beach road back where we will stop at a local restaurant for lunch or for groups of 6 or more Mrs. Basillo will cook a wonderful dinner for you. The cost is $65 pp. minimum $ 195. (food not included) This tour is not available on Saturdays

THE MAIN ROAD should be open soon through the El Yunque and I am monitoring the swimming hole and hope that will be opening soon also. Naturally again the vegetation has a long way to go to fight its way back. The zip lines are available now. Latest report is April opening.

3.Last but certainly not least El Yunque National Park this is the rain forest most frequented by tourists, most of the flora you see has been planted and is not indigenous of Puerto Rico. We will stop at Coco Falls and then on to Yokohu tower from there I will take you to a beautiful place to swim away from the crowds you can even zip line there. From El Yunque we will take the beach road back and stop for lunch. The cost is $ 50 pp. minimum $150. If you want to zip line the cost is $65 pp. minimum $195. Plus the cost of the Zip Line.

(food not included)

Charco Azul – Swim in a Natural Pool in Carite Forest | Puerto Rico Day Trips Travel Guide

If you like natural swimming pools, Charco Azul is one of Puerto Rico’s most famous ones. Located in the middle of the Carite Forest, about 15-20 minutes up the road from the lechonarias in the Guavate region of Cayey.

Posted Dec 4

UPDATE CHARCO FRIO RAIN FOREST TOUR #2 yesterday I drove up to see the Basillo family to check on the condition of the trail to the pool. When I went there shortly after the hurricane it was very sad as they got hit hard. There is a very narrow trail to the pool but too dangerous for older people per Sr. Basillo he feels in about to 2 to 3 months the trail will be ok. The flora is coming back its becoming green again there. They are lovely people and can't wait to welcome visitors again. He will call me when its ready.

• Like 1

He message me back this : Shannon I'm afraid with that time frame I have nothing that would work. El Yunque won't be open until April. I suggest you tour the forts and old city they are very convenient to where you arrive. Thank you for your inquiry. Ellis

Sent from my LG-K425 using Forums mobile app

• 5 weeks later...
He seems very personable, we've been chatting on FB. I'm looking for a shortened rainforest tour so we can do both that AND the forts, but I told him to wait and see if he can get a full day first.

What do I use to contact Ellis on Facebook?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums