Cave tubing or snorkeling?

bonsai1

Hubby , son (12) and I. This is our 1st time to Belize. We will also be in Honduras . We want to snorkel at least once . Heard cave tubing is pretty neat . Also snorkeling really good too .

Will be on Carnival ship and probably doing one of their excursions , not sure yet .Thanks

Do the snorkeling at Roatan. Carnival has a catamaran snorkel trip that our friends still rave about. They both decided to get certified scuba when they get home after that snorkel experience. (we are already scuba divers so I can't say anything about the actual snorkel trips). From all our dives at Roatan, I can tell you that the reefs are lovely, really lush, and lots of fish. You will love snorkeling there.

Cave Tubing is one of the best excursions in Belize. It really gives you a taste of the jungle and caves and sitting in a tube while you float down the stream is fun. We did it last May and I have a video if interested.

We have snorkeled at Belize, but think the boat snorkeling in Roatan is much better due to reef conditions. Belize has shallow reefs and fish, but the reefs in Roatan they will take you to snorkel are spectacular.

robin

We snorkeled in Honduras and did cave tubing in Belize.

http://upachaya.com/snorkel-excursions/

http://cavetubing.bz/

We did these tours about 5 years ago. The snorkeling was amazing. They took us over a sink hole in the ocean that took my breath away. They picked us up at the pier, fed us, provided all the equipment, and took us back. There was 6 in our group and maybe 4-6 other people. Loved it. The cave tubing seemed better than all the other groups we happened to see. Took us way farther into the jungle and the group was way smaller. We passed a cruise excursion that probably had at least 50 people in it! We had about 10 or so. The guide was great. But what I didn't like was being a human chain. Another person's feet are under your armpits. And since you are laying back on a tube, their feet are by your face. It's for safety and when we would pass other groups they were all doing the same thing. All in all I'm glad we did it. Jungle was neat and I can say I did it. But I didn't like stinky feet in my face. 😝

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

We snorkeled in Honduras and did cave tubing in Belize.

http://upachaya.com/snorkel-excursions/

http://cavetubing.bz/

We did these tours about 5 years ago. The snorkeling was amazing. They took us over a sink hole in the ocean that took my breath away. They picked us up at the pier, fed us, provided all the equipment, and took us back. There was 6 in our group and maybe 4-6 other people. Loved it. The cave tubing seemed better than all the other groups we happened to see. Took us way farther into the jungle and the group was way smaller. We passed a cruise excursion that probably had at least 50 people in it! We had about 10 or so. The guide was great. But what I didn't like was being a human chain. Another person's feet are under your armpits. And since you are laying back on a tube, their feet are by your face. It's for safety and when we would pass other groups they were all doing the same thing. All in all I'm glad we did it. Jungle was neat and I can say I did it. But I didn't like stinky feet in my face.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

The Carnival cave tubing excursion we did, no one had feet in face. The tubes were tied together with rope. I didn't see any done that way, so maybe the past few years it has changed. We were there 2017 May.

See my video:

if you click on the word VIMEO in lower right corner of video screen, it will come up on the website and you can watch it full screen by clicking on the arrows.

Edited by ABQrobin

Do the snorkeling at Roatan. Carnival has a catamaran snorkel trip that our friends still rave about. They both decided to get certified scuba when they get home after that snorkel experience. (we are already scuba divers so I can't say anything about the actual snorkel trips). From all our dives at Roatan, I can tell you that the reefs are lovely, really lush, and lots of fish. You will love snorkeling there.

Cave Tubing is one of the best excursions in Belize. It really gives you a taste of the jungle and caves and sitting in a tube while you float down the stream is fun. We did it last May and I have a video if interested.

We have snorkeled at Belize, but think the boat snorkeling in Roatan is much better due to reef conditions. Belize has shallow reefs and fish, but the reefs in Roatan they will take you to snorkel are spectacular.

robin

Do you know which Carnival snorkeling excursion they went on ?

they went on the Catamaran 1/2 day excursion, its the only one on the Carnival website for Roatan.

Wish they had a catamaran one without the alcohol . I'm guessing that's why it' so expensive -$90 ! We don't drink, wasted money for us .

Thanks . The Jolly Roger Catamaran

Wish they had a catamaran one without the alcohol . I'm guessing that's why it' so expensive -$90 ! We don't drink, wasted money for us .

Yup, that is the one.

I don't drink either, but we paid the same thing and didn't get lunch on the one in Cozumel (our son was with us and wanted to snorkel there). I drank sodas instead of the rum punch. The Jolly Roger one comes with a full lunch which would have been nice.

Belize is known for it's cave tubing and one of the "must do" things it's known for. We have done it twice and it was a lot of fun. It's a little more than just walking to the stream and tubing down it. It's very educational along the way. You'll see and learn about all kinds of things, which makes it a very interesting trip. (Even on the ride there you'll learn a lot and stop of things along the way and so on). We went with .bz each time and they are amazing with great guides. They serve you lunch after the tubing (at the owners place) and it was a great way to conclude the day with them. I highly recommend them.

I have 2 reviews in my signature line, with pictures, if you are interested in reading up on them.