NCL changed price without notifying us

apietros

Interesting to see how this all plays out. Never more true than what Paul Harvey said " And now the rest of the story".

It's been awhile since the " bait and switch " term/debate has been brought up on CC.

Next up " nickel and dimeing"!🤣

at this stage I don't think the OP has any proof or what she was quoted. I think she needs to get a supervisor to review the conversation and try to figure out what happened.

According to the OP they had already paid the deposit and have the original invoice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not sure how NCL states it in their calls but most say something like: 'Your call may be monitored or recorded..." key word being may. If you ask all they have to say is we didn't record your call. From everything I have read on customer service sites they are under no obligation to play the tapes for you. Of course if what's on the tape is in there favor you they may let you hear it. Not saying it's not worth asking though.

Check out consumer advocate Chris Elliot at elliott.org He lists way of advocating for yourself as well as having emails for execs at NCL. If need be they may even advocate for you.

I am not sure how NCL states it in their calls but most say something like: 'Your call may be monitored or recorded..." key word being may. If you ask all they have to say is we didn't record your call. From everything I have read on customer service sites they are under no obligation to play the tapes for you. Of course if what's on the tape is in there favor you they may let you hear it. Not saying it's not worth asking though.

Check out consumer advocate Chris Elliot at elliott.org He lists way of advocating for yourself as well as having emails for execs at NCL. If need be they may even advocate for you.

But the op said they already paid the deposit and had the invoice so not sure why tapes would be involved.

According to the OP they had already paid the deposit and have the original invoice.

yes, you are right she did, but I guess the title is what was confusing; she says NCL changed the price without notifying her, then she says they sent her an email. I hope she can find some way to get this straightened out but my gut feeling is, she will have to pay the correct price. I would have been leary of a price that looked to good to be true and that is what the first quote must have been. Anyway, let's just hope she does get some satisfaction.

Hi all - I wanted to follow up, but the holiday week and snow got me side tracked for a few days! We were able to work things out with NCL and they are honoring the original price we were quoted! I am pleasantly surprised with the outcome. Thanks for everyone’s input!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi all - I wanted to follow up, but the holiday week and snow got me side tracked for a few days! We were able to work things out with NCL and they are honoring the original price we were quoted! I am pleasantly surprised with the outcome. Thanks for everyone’s input!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

thanks for letting us know. I am sure you or your TA handled it in a very positive way which helps. As the old saying goes: you get more from honey than vinegar. Have a great cruise.